Splendor from New York to Canada Sept. 1st.

Jeffrey1950

Here I am posting again! More thoughts come to mind....I have a Porthole window cabin booked, now am thinking of up grading to a Balcony. I had a balcony on a four day to St. John's and hardly used it. This time I am travelling on my own and think I would probably make more use of it. But I am wondering is it worth it at that time of the year, would I get much use out of it? My thoughts are also would I feel a lot of motion down in the Porthole Cabin? So hard to decide what to do. Big $$$ difference to upgrade. Oh what to do...........any feed back would be greatly appreciated!!

Here I am posting again! More thoughts come to mind....I have a Porthole window cabin booked, now am thinking of up grading to a Balcony. I had a balcony on a four day to St. John's and hardly used it. This time I am travelling on my own and think I would probably make more use of it. But I am wondering is it worth it at that time of the year, would I get much use out of it? My thoughts are also would I feel a lot of motion down in the Porthole Cabin? So hard to decide what to do. Big $$$ difference to upgrade. Oh what to do...........any feed back would be greatly appreciated!!

Tough call for you. I have never had a port hole so can't comment on that. The balcony is not a hard choice for me. I never sail without one. Just my own need. The weather is so hard to judge on any cruise. I personally would opt for the balcony simply because I like to open my door and step out. Every day of sunshine in the morning and coffee outside is a bonus. Every evening of fair weather and stars makes it worth it. Just the solitude of being outside without a crowd of people makes it worth every penny. This is really a choice of your own wants. Weather should not play a big part simply because it cannot be a set variable! I have done 2 cruises to Canada and have had warm days and cool days, fair days and rainy days, sunny and cloudy. What will make you happy?