what time can you board in NYC?

jvezlife

Im am going on the triumph thursday, can anyone plese let me know what time I can board.

Also, I will parking at the pier do I drop off the luggage first or do I have to drag my luggage from the parking area.

Help please

JV

It totally depends on whether the ship was able to disembark the arriving passengers in a timely fashion. I have seen comments ranging from 11:30AM to 2:00PM. The general answer is simple - the earlier you arrive, the earlier you will get on. Also, parking is limited, so again the earlier the better

I got to the port last Monday at about 10:45 am, and boarded at 11:45 am. It was the smoothest embarkation process I've gone through at any port. (Unfortunately it was one of the only good parts of the trip for me, but at least it was something good...) :)

How many stages are there to the embarkation/check-in process? Does it get done all at once? I'm wondering if I would I be able to arrive early without my SO to check in all the bags, and then we do our own check-in when my SO arrives later on? I'm anxious to get there early and get stuff taken care of as early as possible, but I think she'd rather loll around a bit.

There's really no formal "baggage check-in" process. You hand your bags to a porter and you're done with them, hopefully to be reunited with them several hours later in front of your cabin.

The process is pretty much like this:

• Arrive at port
  • Give bags to porters
  • Stop at desk to complete sail and sign paperwork and imprint credit card
  • Go into waiting area and sit
  • Get sent row-by-row into check-in area
  • Get your sail and sign card / room key
  • Get on the ship

You can certainly arrive early and drop your bags, but the waiting room "patrol" is pretty aggressive about where you sit -- there's a chance they won't let you "save a seat" for your wife. All in all, I wouldn't worry about rushing anything -- I haven't heard from anyone who has taken more than an hour from arrival to being on board, and it's a painless process. Just show up sometime around 11am, and you'll be onboard and eating lunch just after noon. :)

Archived