Updates Requested for Celebrity Beverage Prices

elena7seas

Has anyone actually done the drink package upgrade recently? I have read several confusing/conflicting posts on how to actually upgrade.

We received the classic drink package as part of the 1-2-3-go promotion. We will want to upgrade that to the premium package. Should we do that before the cruise or onboard? Is the cost the same - I have heard that the package itself is more expensive if purchased onboard. What is the upgrade cost per person/per day? What are the processes for upgrading the package either before the cruise or once onboard?

Note, I have tried contacting Celebrity for this information (in writing) and have been waiting 12 days for a response... Received this automated email: "At this time, due to high e-mail volume, there will be a significant delay in our response. Please reply only if you need to provide additional information related to your original e-mail. Follow-up e-mails regarding the status of your query may further delay your response." Not sure what is happening with their customer service....

If you upgrade before the cruise, the cost goes onto your credit card. If you upgrade while on board, it is charged to your sea pass account. The cost, either way, is $11.50 per person per day. The best advice I've received, and I'll pass it on, is to try the classic package for a couple of days and see if it works for you. If not, you can upgrade on a pro-rata basis for the rest of the cruise. Note you cannot upgrade within 4 days of the end of the cruise.

Thanks Mark.... Was your last cruise prior to 1/1/2014? I have seen the following statement posted a few times now on cruise critic... "It used to be the same cost whether you upgraded now or onboard. However, effective (I believe) January 1st, Celebrity now charges an extra fee ~$5.00 /day for the upgrade if done onboard. We just confirmed this about 2 weeks ago and the TA advised us to do it now. " The majority of posts state that there is no difference if done before or during the cruise (other than the package being embossed on your card or as a sticker on your card)... But most of those posts are also from cruises prior to 1/1/2014... I have seen this $5 amount mentioned in 2 different threads now. And though I am sure I want the upgrade, I would prefer to pay $50 less per person for it....

Thanks Mark.... Was your last cruise prior to 1/1/2014? I have seen the following statement posted a few times now on cruise critic... "It used to be the same cost whether you upgraded now or onboard. However, effective (I believe) January 1st, Celebrity now charges an extra fee ~$5.00 /day for the upgrade if done onboard. We just confirmed this about 2 weeks ago and the TA advised us to do it now. " The majority of posts state that there is no difference if done before or during the cruise (other than the package being embossed on your card or as a sticker on your card)... But most of those posts are also from cruises prior to 1/1/2014... I have seen this $5 amount mentioned in 2 different threads now. And though I am sure I want the upgrade, I would prefer to pay $50 less per person for it....

Here is a 3 page thread on the issue. Note there are a few posts from Celebrity itself (i.e.post #8).

Just of the April 6th Silhouette sailing - we upgraded to premium on board at Guest Relations. The charge was the same $11.50 ($10 plus 15%) per day that we would have paid if we had upgraded ahead of time. The wonderful staff at Guest Relations offered to process the upgrade for us while we were there on another matter (we found jewelry in our safe left by the previous occupants of our room) and reprinted our cards for us so they included the code for the premium package. I believe you can also upgrade at any bar on board at any time.

Just of the April 6th Silhouette sailing - we upgraded to premium on board at Guest Relations. The charge was the same $11.50 ($10 plus 15%) per day that we would have paid if we had upgraded ahead of time. The wonderful staff at Guest Relations offered to process the upgrade for us while we were there on another matter (we found jewelry in our safe left by the previous occupants of our room) and reprinted our cards for us so they included the code for the premium package. I believe you can also upgrade at any bar on board at any time.

Upgraded in March at Oceanview bar in the second week of our cruise, no problem - paid $10+15% service charge. Bartender put a sticker on my card with a big X and smaller PREMIUM on it - just the same as on the cruise before.

• 4 months later...

Most pleased to read all these "tips" My first cruise so an absolute novice. Will await with bated breath the result of the new drinks prices. I'm a Scott Monica and watch the pennies, plus the fact that we are pensioners. Wish I could just pay for the upgrades L.O.L enjoy them.

This amazes me. I just paid for the upgrade and said let's have a great vac-ay! Never worried if I was getting every pennies worth.:rolleyes:

Hi monicajay! Great to see your name. I lost your email. Have thought of you guys often and fondly. I wish we were cruising the same week again. Save us a drink for the following week, ok?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most pleased to read all these "tips" My first cruise so an absolute novice. Will await with bated breath the result of the new drinks prices. I'm a Scott Monica and watch the pennies, plus the fact that we are pensioners. Wish I could just pay for the upgrades L.O.L enjoy them.

Drink Prices / Bevvy Pkgs changed in May 2014 (this post originated in April 2014)

New max limits are $ 9 for the Classic Pkg, and $ 13 for the Premium Pkg.

You can find out more here... Where there is a photo / scan of what is included in each package (by brand name), as well as further details on the price of Beers & Wine Pours in each

Ie... Beers in the Classic are primarily Domestics... And only covered up to $ 6

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2092509 ... See Reply # 9

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks very much, wpgcycler. No, I did not have that link, and that is the very thing I needed, so that I can get as much work done as possible before I get on the Solstice in May.

Thanks also to the Preismans for all their work in putting the menus together.

I will try to check out as many specific requests for information as I can, while on the Solstice. Bar research. Sounds good to me. :D:D:D

The Preisman's list has been around for quite some time and, from what I gather from other threads, is not an updated one.

The Preisman's list has been around for quite some time and, from what I gather from other threads, is not an updated one.

Well this an oldish thread from back in April......

I wonder what ever happened to the updated calculator? I don't think I've seen the outcome of Elena7seas' "bar research".

Well this an oldish thread from back in April......

I wonder what ever happened to the updated calculator?

I don't think I've seen the outcome of Elena7seas' "bar research".

This post was revived by someone new to Celebrity (see my reply to them above)

Since April / May and the price changes The Drink Calculator has been updated, I'll see if I can find it for you... And post the link here.

Found it... Here is the link to the Topic where it was updated by QE2 FAN (Calculator is in the first post)... But the rest of the thread has very beneficial info as well

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038767

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB