Updates Requested for Celebrity Beverage Prices

elena7seas

In order to help friends who were trying to decide whether to purchase/upgrade Beverage Packages or not, I modified a Beverage Calculator that I found on the Celebrity forum in 2012. Prices were obtained thanks to a very comprehensive list provided by poster Sarafinadh. (It may have been her original Beverage Calculator I was working with, but unfortunately, I've lost the original file that had the name of the designer of the Beverage Calculator. I am very sorry that I can't give credit where credit is due.)

I would like to update the selection and pricing on the Beverage Calculator for 2014, and would appreciate it if anyone could provide me with links to recent offerings and prices for beverages around the Celebrity fleet.

I DO have the link to Cruisenut's scans from his January 25, 2014 cruise on the Eclipse, for which I am very grateful. Thanks Arno, for all the time you took to post those scans!

I will be on the Solstice in three weeks, and will check prices at that time, but it would be great to get most of the work done before I get on board.

I will post the updated Beverage Calculator (Excel format) here when it is completed.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction. :)

Edited by elena7seas

U.S. beers $5

Corona, XX, Heineken, Stella Artois $6

Bacardi Limon $7

Jack Daniels $8

Poolside bucket buy 4 get 1 free, but they wouldn't mix many of the non-US beers. All-Corona only, for example.

Prices from Apr 6 2014 Silhouette statement.

Problem is that the menus listing prices are like finding hen's teeth and when you do not much is listed.

The menus do not feature or suggest drinks like they use to. I think it is so people with packages don't have the selection to try from. If you ask for a drink most don't know how to make it. They will tell you that they are willing to make it if you tell them what is in it, and that is the problem becasue most don't.

🍸

In order to help friends who were trying to decide whether to purchase/upgrade Beverage Packages or not, I modified a Beverage Calculator that I found on the Celebrity forum in 2012. Prices were obtained thanks to a very comprehensive list provided by poster Sarafinadh. (It may have been her original Beverage Calculator I was working with, but unfortunately, I've lost the original file that had the name of the designer of the Beverage Calculator. I am very sorry that I can't give credit where credit is due.)

I would like to update the selection and pricing on the Beverage Calculator for 2014, and would appreciate it if anyone could provide me with links to recent offerings and prices for beverages around the Celebrity fleet.

I DO have the link to Cruisenut's scans from his January 25, 2014 cruise on the Eclipse, for which I am very grateful. Thanks Arno, for all the time you took to post those scans!

I will be on the Solstice in three weeks, and will check prices at that time, but it would be great to get most of the work done before I get on board.

I will post the updated Beverage Calculator (Excel format) here when it is completed.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction. :)

This amazes me. I just paid for the upgrade and said let's have a great vac-ay! Never worried if I was getting every pennies worth.:rolleyes:

This amazes me. I just paid for the upgrade and said let's have a great vac-ay! Never worried if I was getting every pennies worth.:rolleyes:

Hi Monica:

Some people have to monitor their expenses carefully, and some do it because that is their nature, or their training. I am a researcher, so I am just happy to provide information so that people can make informed choices.

If you have no idea what beverages cost on board, it does seem valid (to me) to ask the question, is the basic package worth the price? is the upgrade worth the price? If providing this information helps some people, then that is fine with me.

I had a couple of friends who were new to cruising, and to beverage packages, and who received the Classic Alcohol Bev Package as a perk. They wanted to know if it was worth it to upgrade to the Premium package. I gave them the Beverage Calculator and they were able to decide for them selves, and be comfortable with that decision before they even got on board. The cost to upgrade was $(11.50 * 14) * 2 = $322 USD, and even more in $CAD. I think it is fair to want to know what you would be purchasing for that amount of money. THEN they can get on the ship and enjoy themselves. :D But I appreciate your position, and your comment.

Thanks to those that have contributed prices. They have been duly entered in my spreadsheet. ;)

I just got off the century last week. I had a Pina Colada with no pina. I asked what's that about and the server told me they use a mix that lacks the right amount of Pineapple and then they just float the rum on top so you have to stir it in yourself. I knew not to order that again so one night I ordered a Strawberry Daquri and it was tasteless, the color was beautiful but no strawberry flavor. I didn't order any other drinks after that, why waste my money. I had the soda package which was $9.20 per day so you better be a soda drinker.

Hi Monica:

Some people have to monitor their expenses carefully, and some do it because that is their nature, or their training. I am a researcher, so I am just happy to provide information so that people can make informed choices.

If you have no idea what beverages cost on board, it does seem valid (to me) to ask the question, is the basic package worth the price? is the upgrade worth the price? If providing this information helps some people, then that is fine with me.

I had a couple of friends who were new to cruising, and to beverage packages, and who received the Classic Alcohol Bev Package as a perk. They wanted to know if it was worth it to upgrade to the Premium package. I gave them the Beverage Calculator and they were able to decide for them selves, and be comfortable with that decision before they even got on board. The cost to upgrade was $(11.50 * 14) * 2 = $322 USD, and even more in $CAD. I think it is fair to want to know what you would be purchasing for that amount of money. THEN they can get on the ship and enjoy themselves. :D But I appreciate your position, and your comment.

Thanks to those that have contributed prices. They have been duly entered in my spreadsheet. ;)

Well said and thank you for putting together the updated calculator.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Monica:

I for one find information like you are willing to give a major help In deciding what I should or shouldn't do , thank you

Me too! Will be interesting to see now that they've raised the prices on drinks, exactly what liquors are left in the Classic package. Wasn't going to upgrade because things we like were included (i.e. Jameson's and Jack Daniels), but now they appear to exceed the limits of that package.

Me too! Will be interesting to see now that they've raised the prices on drinks, exactly what liquors are left in the Classic package. Wasn't going to upgrade because things we like were included (i.e. Jameson's and Jack Daniels), but now they appear to exceed the limits of that package.

I think I'd wait to see actual prices listed before making any decisions. Both Jameson and JD make different products which sell for different prices. It was also reported recently that Johnnie Walker is not included - yet it is still on the Celebrity list - Red Label that is - Black would require Premium package.

Elena7seas, thank you so much for doing this! It takes a lot of work and it's really kind of you to share your efforts with the rest of us so we all benefit. Your efforts will be very much appreciated by many people now and in the future. :)

DW and I drink Vodka Martini's. I would like to know what brand Vodka would be available with the Classic package. I realize that they have been giving the package away for free and beggars can't be choosers but there are some who do not book with the promotion and have to pay for the classic package. It may not be worth purchasing the classic package if certain brands aren't available. Thanks for taking the time to calculate this.

DW and I drink Vodka Martini's. I would like to know what brand Vodka would be available with the Classic package. I realize that they have been giving the package away for free and beggars can't be choosers but there are some who do not book with the promotion and have to pay for the classic package. It may not be worth purchasing the classic package if certain brands aren't available. Thanks for taking the time to calculate this.

I just love when marketing works :) Do you really think it's free? Didn't you have a choice of OBC or free gratuities? At a minimum (assuming Celebrity didn't raise the prices to cover the cost of the promotion), you paid whatever you would have received in OBC (or free gratuities). It definitely wasn't free....

Edited by ghstudio

I just love when marketing works :) Do you really think it's free? Didn't you have a choice of OBC or free gratuities? At a minimum (assuming Celebrity didn't raise the prices to cover the cost of the promotion), you paid whatever you would have received in OBC (or free gratuities). It definitely wasn't free....

I am sure that there are itineraries that sell out or jump in price at the time of opening but for the Caribbean and Bermuda itineraries that I'm interested in this doesn't seem to be the case. I could have booked CC for $999 with the pick your perk offer for this May if I was able to go this year while if I book the same week next year it would cost me more for a Veranda with out any perks. I usually spend more on drinks than what they offer for gratuity and OBC so for us the drink package would be the best choice. Plus if I'm lucky I can probably find a TA that would offer free gratuities or OBC. If I purchase the drink package in advance it would cost me approx $800. I have never seen the price jump $400 a person to cover the expense of the drink package on any itineraries that I have looked at. The most I have seen it go up was between $50 and $150 pp depending on the category. From what I have been reading it seems that they are maybe offering well brands for the classic package hoping that those who receive the perk upgrade to the premium package.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Thanks very much, wpgcycler. No, I did not have that link, and that is the very thing I needed, so that I can get as much work done as possible before I get on the Solstice in May.

Thanks also to the Preismans for all their work in putting the menus together.

I will try to check out as many specific requests for information as I can, while on the Solstice. Bar research. Sounds good to me. :D:D:D

Been watching this thread to see if we were gonna jump up to premium or not. So far we are sticking with the (free :D) classic package.

Fast question. Beer up to $6 and drinks up to $8 are free. But does that mean up to and including $8? Or is $8 and over not included (maybe i shouldn't type this and give X any bright ideas :eek:)

Been watching this thread to see if we were gonna jump up to premium or not. So far we are sticking with the (free :D) classic package.

Fast question. Beer up to $6 and drinks up to $8 are free. But does that mean up to and including $8? Or is $8 and over not included (maybe i shouldn't type this and give X any bright ideas :eek:)

All incl $8,00 is within the classic.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was on the constellation in March of this year and I was drinking Ketel One under the classic package. I asked first if Ketel One or Beldevere was included in the package and Ketel One was but not Beldevere (obviously Grey Goose, my choice, was not). I was happy with it and decided that it would be good enough for 5 days.

Edited by Sandy1975

Has anyone actually done the drink package upgrade recently? I have read several confusing/conflicting posts on how to actually upgrade.

We received the classic drink package as part of the 1-2-3-go promotion. We will want to upgrade that to the premium package. Should we do that before the cruise or onboard? Is the cost the same - I have heard that the package itself is more expensive if purchased onboard. What is the upgrade cost per person/per day? What are the processes for upgrading the package either before the cruise or once onboard?

Note, I have tried contacting Celebrity for this information (in writing) and have been waiting 12 days for a response... Received this automated email: "At this time, due to high e-mail volume, there will be a significant delay in our response. Please reply only if you need to provide additional information related to your original e-mail. Follow-up e-mails regarding the status of your query may further delay your response." Not sure what is happening with their customer service....

I am sure that there are itineraries that sell out or jump in price at the time of opening but for the Caribbean and Bermuda itineraries that I'm interested in this doesn't seem to be the case. I could have booked CC for $999 with the pick your perk offer for this May if I was able to go this year while if I book the same week next year it would cost me more for a Veranda with out any perks. I usually spend more on drinks than what they offer for gratuity and OBC so for us the drink package would be the best choice. Plus if I'm lucky I can probably find a TA that would offer free gratuities or OBC. If I purchase the drink package in advance it would cost me approx $800. I have never seen the price jump $400 a person to cover the expense of the drink package on any itineraries that I have looked at. The most I have seen it go up was between $50 and $150 pp depending on the category. From what I have been reading it seems that they are maybe offering well brands for the classic package hoping that those who receive the perk upgrade to the premium package.

I like to look at it as my classic package was free. For my sailing the prices have jumped up over $700pp for the same category. And I booked thru a TA which I got for even lower price, so the price difference from what I paid to what is the current fare is up over $800pp.:)