Midnight buffet?

shrum1

First we lost the once a week gala buffet, and then we lost the nightly 11:30 lido buffet, when they changed the late night buffet offerings to burgers, dogs and such. Before retiring, we used to head for the pizza stand, and then get lured by the hot buffet foods. I wish they'd come back.

I've been cruising for nine years on Carnival and the only buffets they've had in that time was a burger/hot dog/fries buffet most nights, the Mexican buffet (with deck party) one night, and the gala buffet that they discontinued about five years ago.

The gala buffet looked great (we have some nice photo opp shots from those buffets), and there were plenty of exotic dishes, but most of it was an enormous waste of food. I'd see plate after plate thrown away with almost a full plate of food left because people would put one of everything on their plates, take two bites, and decide they didn't want any more. As far as I'm concerned they're now saving a lot of money instead of wasting it on expensive exotic food that took a good bit of preparation but no one wanted to eat.

About three years ago, they discontinued the burger buffet for a much lighter serving of mostly cookies, cheese and fruits. (I'm sure that wasn't very popular either.) That was only on one cruise and the burgers were back the next year.

I just received word from my TA that the Miracle is having technical issues and will be cruising slower than normal. This will effect out June 17th voyage. We will not be going to Ketchikan (my 40th birthday) but have more time in Juneau and Victoria. They will be giving us $50 per person shipboard credit and 25% off a future cruise. We are allowed to cancel and receive a 100% refund within the next 3 days. Has anyone else received this message?

Sent from my iPad using Forums