Midnight buffet?

shrum1

I remember many years ago we had the midnight buffet, than I remember carnival having only a one buffet late at night and it was a dessert buffet. It's been 7 years since my last cruise. We will be on the Miracle in June and I am curious what to expect this time. Thanks :)

Susan

just got off the Pride yesterday and every night from 11:30-1 am they had a buffet. it was mostly just French fries, hot dogs and burgers. one night they had a Mexican buffet. there's always 24 hour pizza and the deli closes at 11pm :)

You've obviously never gone to Taco Bell after a night of drinking! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always enjoy Breafkast after a night of drinking...yes, I spelled it the way I say it after drinking ;):D

How about a breafkast buffet around 2am???

Why Breafkast.....cause I know I'm going to sleep through it, so lunch will be available when I wake up. :D

I wish they'd have late night buffets on the Triumph. I don't always want pizza (though I think that's available 24 hrs..not sure). Sometimes I want Mexican food at midnight before I go to bed because by that point, it's been about 5-6 hrs since I last ate and I'm starving after a night of dancing, etc.:p

Hmmm. Funny that no one said they wished for a midnight salad bar. That's okay. Can't say that I'd be thrilled with one either. I can honestly say I've never had a late night craving for a salad. Pizza or tacos? Yes!:D

I've never really understood the Mexican Buffet thing late at night. Mexican isn't a choice I would normally make late at night.

When you're on a cruise, your "normal" habits go out the window!! :D My husband and I had a "pre-dinner" one night before dinner in the MDR on our cruise. I'm kind of embarrassed to say that now..but, you just don't think with the same every day logic when cruising. haha :p

The midnight buffets have been gone for about six years.

I remember that you use to be able to eat around the clock. I also remember those midnight buffets with desserts back in the day. It was great.

I remember many years ago we had the midnight buffet, than I remember carnival having only a one buffet late at night and it was a dessert buffet. It's been 7 years since my last cruise. We will be on the Miracle in June and I am curious what to expect this time. Thanks :)

Susan

First we lost the once a week gala buffet, and then we lost the nightly 11:30 lido buffet, when they changed the late night buffet offerings to burgers, dogs and such. Before retiring, we used to head for the pizza stand, and then get lured by the hot buffet foods. I wish they'd come back.

I think the Mexican night is only on ships that have not been converted to 2.0. I agree they need something. I like NCL that has a 23 hour sit down dining spot

I liked the Mexican Buffet and the chocolate buffet.

Edited by Warm Breezes

Many many years ago, on a CARNIVAL cruise my wife and I took, there was not only a midnight buffet, but also a 1:30am buffet. So one night (or morning) we stayed up for the 1:30am buffet. The staff took all the cold food from the midnight buffet and put it in chilling trays and placed it in the hallway. Then they put hot food from the midnight buffet in warming trays and put it out in the hallway. Guess that was their way of saying,

"Hey we fed you at least 12 times today. If you want to be a pig, then eat like one, i.e. from slop!"

My wife and I had a good laugh and went to bed.