ship information in luggage

porkribs

Can you all share what information you put in your check luggage just in case the bag gets lost by an airline and you don't get it on time ? I read this on a prior thread and then can't find it anymore.

-ship information with dated itinerary...

-anything else?

thanks!

I always type up the ship's name, the customer service number for the cruise line, my cabin number (we've been booking a specific cabin the last several cruises and mark our booking "no upgrade" so it better not be different), my cell phone number and email address (the last cruise at least as we'd booked an Internet package), maybe a family or neighbor contact number if I remember. Also the itinerary -- each date and whether sea or port day, and if port day, which port and the scheduled times.

We'll give this info to my sister and my hubby's brother and to a couple of neighbors (in fact, my list has inspired one set of neighbors to start doing this). And then I'll put a copy in each suitcase. On each suitcase and carry on, including camera cases, I try to have my own version of luggage tags (in addition to the Princess ones) with our last name, my cell number, and the next place we're going (if staying in pre or post-cruise hotel, I'll be adding self sticking labels so the next place is listed). Never our city info. Even though I guess my area code might help narrow down to an area of about 300 square miles.

I put the information in an outside pocket & inside my luggage

full name, email address

cruise line emergency number

Airline flight number & date

Name, address, date of my pre cruise hotel

Ship name , departure port, date

itinerary of the cruise ..in case my bags go on a different vacation they may want to meet me in one of the ports

Edited by LHT28