Thinking about 28 Days on Crown Princess

PC Skier

Thanks for all the input. We booked the cruise last night. Just wondering, is it cold going across to Hawaii. Our transatlantic crossing was warmer than we expected. But when we have left LA going to Cabo it is usually cool. Signing up for roll call tonight.

Thanks for all the input. We booked the cruise last night. Just wondering, is it cold going across to Hawaii. Our transatlantic crossing was warmer than we expected. But when we have left LA going to Cabo it is usually cool. Signing up for roll call tonight.
Yes. Most of the time, the first day or two out of San Pedro are cool. The reason is the California Current which runs from the Gulf of Alaska south along the coast to Baja California. It's a cold, fast-moving current that any ship sailing from San Pedro has to sail through. I live about two miles from the coast (as the crow flies) and a couple of days ago, I drove to Laguna Beach, 10 minutes away. It was sunny and over 80 degrees at home, upper 60's and with a "marine layer" in Laguna.

As for the 28 days on the Crown, I just booked the BVE for the October cruise. :) At least I'll get a 3-hour taste.

Edited by Pam in CA