Suite balcony pictures!

We have never been in a suite before, but are contemplating it for a cruise next year. The RCI website shows pictures of the interior of suites, but not of the balcony. I'm just curious if they are much different than a balcony room level balcony? Someone is posting a really nice review, and had pictures of a grand suite balcony.

We were on Freedom in a balcony room last February, and will be again in May. One of the things my husband said was that it would be great to have a lounger instead of a chair, and an area to outside that had a higher table.

Just curious if any of you have pictures to share! We are looking at the possibility of Indy in the fall of 2015 where we'd be looking to book a suite. It would be a junior suite or a grand suite, we aren't sure yet.

I cut this from our cabin review of the Royal Loft Suite on Oasis.

The Balcony

This space is spectacular. Depending on the weather and the temperature it is a gem. Last July is provided us a sanctuary from the blistering sun and this March our cruise was exceptionally cool and windy so it provided us with great sun and no wind. Of course this all depended on the time of the day and direction of the ship relating to the sun.

We used this space a lot. We love the beach pool but this was the next best spot IMHO. I am a flow rider as well, so I have immediate reviewing of the line ups. If the line was short and all was good off I would go for an hour or so prior to dinner. One wave from the balcony and back to the room I would go.

Owen enjoyed watching the basketball court for many of the numerous games that were played there. He would also shoot hoops with the big kids. Overall it was the 20-40 year olds that would pass him a ball to shoot before the younger ones. Quite often he got the basket too, with a cheer or two.

There was a dry bar on the aft facing part of the balcony. We never used it but they had 3 or 4 bar stools set up. No fridge there if I remember correct. If there was we didn't discover it over 14 days of sailing in this room.

balconya_zpsf82d8bc4.jpg

We did "get in the hot tub". Best Eddie Murphy James Brown interpretive voice.

balconyd_zpsbcea9316.jpg

We always bring our Canadian car flag with us and mark our balcony. So if you see it you know we might just be on your cruise.

balconyb_zps3f017fd4.jpg

Dinner as we sail out of St Thomas. This was my mom's first and so far only cruise. She loved it and didn't get sea sick. That was her biggest concern.

balconyc_zps793b4447.jpg

Dinner entertainment of private flow rider lessons.

IMG_1847_zps12f9f3e4.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

Our GS on the Allure had the nice teakwood furniture....nice chaises with unattached foot ottomans...then a nice table for 2...standard height so you can eat breakfast a lot easier. the balcony was not super deep but was very wide and open feeling.

I will try to find a pic to post later ;)

Such great pictures and info. Thank you! Interestingly enough, I am thinking about Jewel to Alaska and a five day on Independence. They have just announced that they are moving a few ships around so I'm not certain about the fall cruise yet. I would love to get it figured out soon as I was going to use next cruise when I'm on Freedom in May.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app