Any Time Dining on Prinsendam

Ray in NH

For anyone who has been on Prinsendam recently, which sction of the Aft Dining Room was being used for Any Time (versus Fixed Time ) Dining? The last time we were on her, IIRC, the center portion was used for Fixed Time Dining. What is the current situation?

Thank you for any assistance in this matter.

Ray in NH

For anyone who has been on Prinsendam recently, which sction of the Aft Dining Room was being used for Any Time (versus Fixed Time ) Dining? The last time we were on her, IIRC, the center portion was used for Fixed Time Dining. What is the current situation?

Thank you for any assistance in this matter.

Ray in NH

It is the same for anytime dining - most tables near the windows and outer area of that aft dining room. We got new updated dining room layouts from HAL for halfacts.com just a little while ago if you want to take a look.

It is the same for anytime dining - most tables near the windows and outer area of that aft dining room. We got new updated dining room layouts from HAL for halfacts.com just a little while ago if you want to take a look.

Hi Jacqui,

Welcome Back :)

Thank you for the verification. As I understand the arrangements, the outer ring is mostly for the Any Time Dining. So, for an assigned two-top, with same waitstaff, we will need to remain with the Aft portion of the MDR.

I did see the wonderfully clear versions of the MDR layouts in HALfacts.

Thank you for that wonderful resource for almost all things HAL. We will be back on Prinsendam for the Holidays.

Ray in NH

Thank you for the verification. As I understand the arrangements, the outer ring is mostly for the Any Time Dining. So, for an assigned two-top, with same waitstaff, we will need to remain with the Aft portion of the MDR.

This is a 6 year old map, so the highlighted Open tables may not still be the same.

http://www.wa70.com/hal/dining/PrdmAYWdseating-New052708.jpg

If it is correct, there is a whole row of two-tops along the windows, plus about 6 others, in the forward section, which is all Fixed.

Edited by jtl513

This is a 6 year old map, so the highlighted Open tables may not still be the same.

http://www.wa70.com/hal/dining/PrdmAYWdseating-New052708.jpg

If it is correct, there is a whole row of two-tops along the windows, plus about 6 others, in the forward section, which is all Fixed.

Thank you for this additional information. It appears that we will happily remain in the forward area.

Ray in NH

Hi Jacqui,

Welcome Back :)

I did see the wonderfully clear versions of the MDR layouts in HALfacts.

Thank you for that wonderful resource for almost all things HAL. We will be back on Prinsendam for the Holidays.

Ray in NH

Thank you for the welcome.

the forward portion of the dining room is all fixed. There are a lot of two tops there with window views :) We do fixed dining normally and really prefer the forward dining room, but that's just us.

Thank you for the welcome.

the forward portion of the dining room is all fixed. There are a lot of two tops there with window views :) We do fixed dining normally and really prefer the forward dining room, but that's just us.

When we were on the Prinsendam for the Grand Voyage, the layout for section 14'was different. There was no table for 10- mostly tables for two. We were at table 138 and there was only one not two tables next to us. And behind us was another set of two tables for two next to the window and a table for two where table 305 was. And along the railing for the center section was more tables for two. Did they take away the table for ten because the Captain is now having the Captain's Dinner's in the Pinnacle instead of the main dining room? If I had known that there was a change, I would have asked for new seating chart.

Edited by Storylady
Changed words

When we were on the Prinsendam for the Grand Voyage, the layout for section 14'was different. There was no table for 10- mostly tables for two. We were at table 138 and there was only one not two tables next to us. And behind us was another set of two tables for two next to the window and a table for two where table 305 was. And along the railing for the center section was more tables for two. Did they take away the table for ten because the Captain is now having the Captain's Dinner's in the Pinnacle instead of the main dining room? If I had known that there was a change, I would have asked for new seating chart.

Interesting Sher, they must have changed it for the Grand Voyage.

The dining room layout that we have on HALfacts.com was obtained from HAL and is literally just a few months old. We didn't post the old ones that richwmn had and lent to IRL Joanie. He got the latest ones.

that being said, I never saw a Captain's table in the forward dining room when we were on for 20 days and 31 days last time.

One thing I like about this ship is the number of two tops in the dining room. c

Interesting Sher, they must have changed it for the Grand Voyage.

The dining room layout that we have on HALfacts.com was obtained from HAL and is literally just a few months old. We didn't post the old ones that richwmn had and lent to IRL Joanie. He got the latest ones.

that being said, I never saw a Captain's table in the forward dining room when we were on for 20 days and 31 days last time.

One thing I like about this ship is the number of two tops in the dining room. c

Sorry, shouldn't have called it a Captain's Table, I called it that because it appeared on your map to seat 10 similar to the table I sat at on the Grand Voyage in 2011 with Hotel Director and 3 other couples. Maybe they changed the seating for the Grand Cruise because so many people asked for tables for four and tables for two.

I also made a mistake saying tables for two. Most of the tables that weren't near the window were tables for four where one one couple was at those tables.

Edited by Storylady
Spelling