Balcony Cabin for Europe??

We always book a balcony (got spoiled in one on our first cruise which was Alaska):)

One reason we enjoy the balcony is that DH doesn't get around all that well anymore (slow with a cane) so we tend to spend more time on the balcony than a more active, younger, "faster" couple might. For us it's a good value - but for the prementioned couples it might not be.

It would help to know the itinerary. Some Med ports are really not that pretty as they are large industrial ports (Livorno, Civitavecchia, Athens). Some places are better to see from the top deck eg Venice, and many sailaways, as there are things to see on both sides.

I would take a 12 night cruise over a 7 day any day and, as others have pointed out, Med cruises do tend to be very port intensive so you may not get a lot of use out of the balcony and would probably want to be off the ship fairly early to go and explore and may not get back until almost time for dinner.

Edited by Bobal

Thanks to everyone for your help. That's why I love CC! :):):). To Pink Roses, I did look up Middle Age Drama Queen and lover her reviews. You also mentioned Virtual rain, but I'm not sure what that us. Thanks again!

Virtual Rain is another poster here on cc. He writes about how to do it yourself in ports. I will try to add his site for you to look at. If it doesn't work the. Just do a search for Virtual Rain. He has fabulous photos too!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1734390