General Tipping Question and Three Coconut Trails Question

ducklite

Back 20 years ago you could take an extra suitcase and no charge, cases could be up to 70 lbs. Those were the days ..........

If your on the cheap plan the secret is to plan your meals around the baguette. 2 foot long baguette is 50 USA cents, cheap. Fresh every day and with a bit of French butter who can complain, not me.

We bought baguettes, butter and fresh local fruit, cheap. Brought stuff to make tuna sandwiches, peanut butter, dry cereal, dry soups, coffee, nuts, jerky .......... you get the picture .......... we had a great time on the cheap, some of our best memories :)

We also brought our own hard booze and mixed it with local fruit juice, fresh ............ yummy

When we visit France we still enjoy the baguettes and Camembert for lunch. There is something about fresh French baking. This year at the IC will definitely make a trip to the local Carrefours to stock up on water and other stuff. This is not being cheap it's being sensible.

Twin, I could have met you on that RCCL ship. We had a booking on it but then cancelled for another trip. Next booked on the Princess ship in 2003 but DH had to cancel in the last week due to work. So took the PG instead in Setember/October of that year and the rest is history.

Well, you must tell me why you like cabin 310 - that just happens to be the one we booked for next year.

And for those who say they can on baguettes and French butter, I envy you. I told the friends we're travelling with on the PG that the night we stay at the IC, we'll look at them enviously as they dine in the hotel restaurant. My husband and I will enjoy a dinner of coconuts and pool water. :D

French butter really does taste better!

310 - here goes:

One neighbor

Close to the entrance/exit which is awesome coming and going

The ledge

I can go on two cruises for the price of a balcony cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...