Price drop, who do I notify?

dptt

But you would save more money with a discount TA

Not arguing, but I see similar claims made fairly often. I've also seen requests for recommendations for good TAs but haven't seen any recommendations made.

We also failed post - final payment. We booked through Costco and got a bunch of shipboard credit and tips paid by them. They tried hard for us with Princess but didn't get anywhere. Suggested we try for an upgrade when we check in. (We are on the no upgrade list right now because we have balcony cabins next to our teen daughters).

Not arguing, but I see similar claims made fairly often. I've also seen requests for recommendations for good TAs but haven't seen any recommendations made.

That's because it's against Cruise Critic rules to recommend or identify specific travel agents. They're very strict about this rule. The best way to find an agent is by word-of-mouth: on your next cruise(s), ask around at the meet-n-greet for your roll call or ask your dinner companions with whom they book. Generally, those of us who have lucked into good agents are more than happy to share their names. We want our agents to be successful and keep doing a booming business!

Suggested we try for an upgrade when we check in.

Princess does not do this.

The check-in personnel have no ability to change your cabin for any reason.

Onboard if a higher category cabin is available (usually unlikely), you would need to pay the difference in cost to switch.

We also failed post - final payment. We booked through Costco and got a bunch of shipboard credit and tips paid by them. They tried hard for us with Princess but didn't get anywhere. Suggested we try for an upgrade when we check in. (We are on the no upgrade list right now because we have balcony cabins next to our teen daughters).

LOL. My daughter's FIL is a check in agent. He has about as much clout as the guy who delivers your newspaper. ;)

That's because it's against Cruise Critic rules to recommend or identify specific travel agents. They're very strict about this rule. The best way to find an agent is by word-of-mouth: on your next cruise(s), ask around at the meet-n-greet for your roll call or ask your dinner companions with whom they book. Generally, those of us who have lucked into good agents are more than happy to share their names. We want our agents to be successful and keep doing a booming business!

Ah, that explains it. We'll have to keep our ears open, then.

All the travel agents we called can basically get us the same deals as on the Princess site. Same OBC, exact same price.

Makes me think I'd be better off just booking myself.

Since it's your first cruise you obviously don't have access to the discount TA's. Attend your meet and greet and ask the experienced cruisers you will meet.