Crown & Anchor Balcony Discount

Speaking of balcony discounts. Has anyone booked a Super Balcony (SB) on the Quantum or Anthem and been told that you will not get the entire balcony discount?

I have a 10 night booked for the Anthem for 4/16, am a Diamond member and was only given $163.00 for my balcony discount.

I totally understand not getting double points since I'm only paying for one person, but only getting half the balcony discount doesn't seem right.

Speaking of balcony discounts. Has anyone booked a Super Balcony (SB) on the Quantum or Anthem and been told that you will not get the entire balcony discount?

I have a 10 night booked for the Anthem for 4/16, am a Diamond member and was only given $163.00 for my balcony discount.

I totally understand not getting double points since I'm only paying for one person, but only getting half the balcony discount doesn't seem right.

If you booked under the current BOGO promotion, that's actually the reason you're not getting the full discount. At least that's what they told me. They're applying the same "sale" to your balcony discount. I had pricing adjusted on a cruise I had booked. The sale saved me $600. But they only applied $263 balcony discount instead of $350 on top of that. I'm okay with that, I still saved a lot of money.

Yeah, I've done some mock bookings on balcony and suite cabins that have shown no discounts at all, and I verified I was logged in. There should at least be something, whether it's a promotional discount, CAS discount, or platinum balcony discount.

I did mock booking and mine showed up (different days different cruises).

Not a very reliable website, that is for sure.

If you use a travel agent and they offer obc or something extra, can you still get the balcony discount or not?

Most TAs will give you anywhere from 6-12% OBC (discount) off the cruise fare portion of the cost of the cruise.

The balcony discount has NOTHING to do with the discounts/offers you get from your TA, other than deduct from the total amount of the cruise fare.

So....let's say your cruise was going to cost you $5,000. You may get a $350 OBC from your TA (very typical...even a little on the low side). Now, if your balcony credit makes the cruise $4775, your OBC may be slightly adjusted ($334), but not by much.

Figure out what percentage the OBC represents for the cruise fare. Then subject the balcony discount from the cruise fare and apply the same percentage. Give or take a few....

But if you have a TA that is telling you that the balcony discount wipes away his OBC/etc., that is baloney. One has nothing to do with the other--other than lowering the base amount and thereby lowering the OBC slightly.

Dawn

I got full balcony discounts and BOGO1/2off... on all the 2015 sailings I've booked :) If you are looking on line make sure you are logged in while searching. The C&A discounts only show up if you are logged in!

Edited by LindaO

Most TAs will give you anywhere from 6-12% OBC (discount) off the cruise fare portion of the cost of the cruise.

The balcony discount has NOTHING to do with the discounts/offers you get from your TA, other than deduct from the total amount of the cruise fare.

So....let's say your cruise was going to cost you $5,000. You may get a $350 OBC from your TA (very typical...even a little on the low side). Now, if your balcony credit makes the cruise $4775, your OBC may be slightly adjusted ($334), but not by much.

Figure out what percentage the OBC represents for the cruise fare. Then subject the balcony discount from the cruise fare and apply the same percentage. Give or take a few....

But if you have a TA that is telling you that the balcony discount wipes away his OBC/etc., that is baloney. One has nothing to do with the other--other than lowering the base amount and thereby lowering the OBC slightly.

Dawn

I heard this from a TA when we applied BoA points to reduce a cruise fare several years ago...so I don't know if it is entirely true...

The fare we see (not including Taxes and Fees) still includes some amount that is outside of what the TA earns their commission on. I believe they actually used the term "the commissionable portion of the fare" to identify what they base the OBC on.

Say with your $5000 fare - they may earn commission only on $4000 of it - and any discounts applied are taken away from the $4000. So it would be possible that your OBC would be reduced by more than the straight percentage would indicate. Probably not much of a difference with balcony discounts, but it made a significant difference when we used points.