Explorer to Australia

HuaAZ

Has anyone heard anything about Explorer's transfer to Australia? Specifically, when and what route it will take. I was on the Mariner from Galveston to Singapore and it remains one of my most memorable cruises. Right up there with Mariner around the horn.

Duane

Has anyone heard anything about Explorer's transfer to Australia? Specifically, when and what route it will take. I was on the Mariner from Galveston to Singapore and it remains one of my most memorable cruises. Right up there with Mariner around the horn.

Duane

The dates and route have not been released.

From elsewhere on the interwebs... "Explorer of the Seas will take guests on a 10-night Singapore to Perth itinerary, departing November 3, 2015, followed by a 16-night southern Australia and New Zealand cruise that arrives in Sydney on Nov. 29 for an overnight stay. The ship reverses these itineraries at the end of the season, departing from Sydney on April 12 and from Perth (Fremantle) to Singapore in late April."

Which makes it a short quick run from Singapore to Perth (quite often 40 nights) and about an average Perth to Sydney trip. My understanding is that the Perth to Sydney trip doesn't go via Tasmania.

It will be starting in Europe (UK) and pretty much heading straight to Singapore.

Duane

We were on that cruise with you. My guess after all I've read is the Explorer Relocation to Singapore will be similar except it will leave from Southampton or another UK/European port early October. We plan to be on her all the way to Fremantle where she is due to arrive on November 13.

Jo

Edited by joandian