Celebrity Solstice NZ/Aus 1/4/15 to 1/18/15

BayAreaBC

I just booked the SuperShuttle yesterday for our arrival. Seemed reasonable and with direct-to-hotel service. And with that, I believe I've arranged everything needed prior to the cruise. Still going to play dinner on the 3rd by ear, once all of our party has arrived. Also still planning on SkyLounge for drinks. Can't wait to see everyone in Auckland! :rolleyes:

Just to forewarn people it looks like the admission charge to the Sky Lounge in the Sky Tower is $28NZ

https://www.skycityauckland.co.nz/attractions/sky-tower/admissions/

If we aren't there due to the admission charge we will likely be at The Eagle at 259 K-Road since it opens at 4pm.

We will likely have dinner at Orphan's Kitchen at 118 Ponsonby Road.

No reservations are taken but it's very popular so there will likely be a wait.

So glad to see a bunch of folks on here, hadn't checked board for couple of months and was thinking there might be 2 couples! Of course no other women, but that's pretty common w/PP. Probably not going to be a big group, but doesn't matter, m sure we'll manage to have a great time! We're actually staying at Sky City, but don't get into Aukland till 3 or 3:30 on 3rd. Hope to make it to Sky Lounge by 5, also hope to get some sleep between Dallas-Sydney so we won't be comatose. Look forward to meeting all of you guys! Susan and Diane

PS, we're (okay I) also fan of Martini Bar on Celebrity ships!

Edited by socialworkers
Error

Just an update in case anyone is still reading this.

We've been in Auckland since Tuesday and saw the New Years Eve fireworks last night off the SkyTower.

Due to the summer holiday many restaurants have been closed including Depot and Orphan's kitchen.

We now plan on meeting at the SkyLounge on Saturday late afternoon despite the $28NZD price.

Note we've visited both Hobbiton and Rotorua so far. Hobbiton was well worth the high price (75$NZD on your own) but is a long drive from Auckland or the port of Tauranga. The sets and nature scenery is fantastic.

Rotorua is a very quaint town but the natural hot springs spa water smells very strongly of sulfur. For this reason we stuck to the hot tub at the gay B&B we stayed at.

Randy and I may wear our Mardi Gras beads at SkyLounge if we gather the courage. They are very large "balls" in the colors of the gay flag.

So far, New Zealand is fantastic! It's so great to be out of the winter and back in summer!

Edited by BayAreaBC