Adventure Of The Seas Balconies

bigque

I am booked on Adventure next year and I have a question about the balconies. We are booked in our traditional balcony on the hump which has become our room of choice no matter which ship. The balcony we have had on the previous two cruises (Serenade & Freedom) had the glass outer wall which we like because when you are sitting out there you look straight out to enjoy the ocean scenery or even while laying across the bed you can look out with the curtain open. From what I see on Adventure you do not have the glass wall. From those of you who have cruised on Adventure or another ship that didn't have the glass wall how did you like it? Did you like it after having been on other ships with the glass wall? It just seems like it is going to take something away from the overall balcony experiance.

I am booked on Adventure next year and I have a question about the balconies. We are booked in our traditional balcony on the hump which has become our room of choice no matter which ship. The balcony we have had on the previous two cruises (Serenade & Freedom) had the glass outer wall which we like because when you are sitting out there you look straight out to enjoy the ocean scenery or even while laying across the bed you can look out with the curtain open. From what I see on Adventure you do not have the glass wall. From those of you who have cruised on Adventure or another ship that didn't have the glass wall how did you like it? Did you like it after having been on other ships with the glass wall? It just seems like it is going to take something away from the overall balcony experiance.

As long as you are above deck 6, I don't think it's a big deal. Deck 6 balcony walls are all metal, but above deck 6 they are half metal, half glass. We are usually on a deck 9 balcony and I really don't notice the fact that the wall is half metal.

Hey Mike! You know me...I think photos are helpful in describing what it's really like. :) Here are a few photos from our balcony on the Adventure. We enjoyed the balcony. You can see that I'm sitting down in the second photo. It felt a little cozier than those on the Radiance and Freedom classes. I think we had cabin 7312, on the hump. The last photo gives you a good idea of the height of the glass:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Hey Mike! You know me...I think photos are helpful in describing what it's really like. :) Here are a few photos from our balcony on the Adventure. We enjoyed the balcony. You can see that I'm sitting down in the second photo. It felt a little cozier than those on the Radiance and Freedom classes. I think we had cabin 7312, on the hump. The last photo gives you a good idea of the height of the glass:

Hey Chrystal! Thanks for the pictures. We will be on the 9th deck, so this really eases my mind knowing that I won't lose the view! :cool:

Edited by bigque

Hey Chrystal! Thanks for the pictures. We will be on the 9th deck, so this really eases my mind knowing that I won't lose the view! :cool:

Oh...and how is the littlle dude doing!?? I know he is getting big! :cool:

Oh...and how is the littlle dude doing!?? I know he is getting big! :cool:

Yes, he is! Thank you for asking. He's a bundle of energy, walking (trying to run) around the house, hiding objects (remote controls, pacifiers, keys), chasing the dog around, etc. A typical toddler, lol. He's very opinionated and curious about everything going on around him. It's so much fun watching him grow up. :)