What specifically is a PCC?

clojacks

I often see discussions about the value of certain cruisers PCC. I'm not a rookie at this, but with some of the threads on various boards ripping the usage of acronyms, I want to make sure I'm understanding this acronym correctly. My belief is that a PCC is a "Personal Cruise Consultant", but what exactly is that? Is it the agent you get transferred to when you call the NCL 800 line? Is it a specific person assigned to you every time you contact NCL? I've seen threads about people saying their "PCC" would watch for specific voyages and releases for them and contact them when they were available. I use a cruise consolidator out of New Hampshire for booking, and have used them for about 10 cruises, but NEVER get any calls from them asking if I am interested in any upcoming cruises. How do I get more personalized service than I feel I am currently getting?

You are correct. PCC = Personal Cruise Consultant.

Generally the PCC is assigned to you (or you can be referred to one from a friend or family member etc) and if you choose to use them they can be your personal point of contact for reservations and the like with NCL. There is a certain comfort in using the same person and developing a relationship where your consultant gets to know your preferences and how to get the best deals for you.

I have had two so far that I dealt with exclusively when I needed to book a cruise. They do tend to sometimes have turn-over in these positions (attrition, or promotion). You will be able to dial these consultants directly and if they are busy you can leave voice-mail for them to call you back. Often you can also contact them via e-mail. Some even have a social media presence as well (like facebook, etc).

The level of service you get can vary depending on how ambitious and efficient your PCC is... My current PCC is very forthcoming about upcoming promotions and never fails to inform us of them. She is also very helpful with booking and price changes that may occur along the way :)

You are correct. PCC = Personal Cruise Consultant.

Generally the PCC is assigned to you (or you can be referred to one from a friend or family member etc) and if you choose to use them they can be your personal point of contact for reservations and the like with NCL. There is a certain comfort in using the same person and developing a relationship where your consultant gets to know your preferences and how to get the best deals for you.

I have had two so far that I dealt with exclusively when I needed to book a cruise. They do tend to sometimes have turn-over in these positions (attrition, or promotion). You will be able to dial these consultants directly and if they are busy you can leave voice-mail for them to call you back. Often you can also contact them via e-mail. Some even have a social media presence as well (like facebook, etc).

The level of service you get can vary depending on how ambitious and efficient your PCC is... My current PCC is very forthcoming about upcoming promotions and never fails to inform us of them. She is also very helpful with booking and price changes that may occur along the way :)

So, what is the process to get one "assigned" to you? Do you have to request to have a PCC assigned? After a certain number of cruises do you get one assigned? These probably sound like really dumb questions, but I've never even been asked to have a PCC work with us.

So, what is the process to get one "assigned" to you? Do you have to request to have a PCC assigned? After a certain number of cruises do you get one assigned? These probably sound like really dumb questions, but I've never even been asked to have a PCC work with us.

Usually, one will contact YOU right after you get home from your latest cruise! Otherwise I suppose you could call NCL and ASK if you have been assigned to one and if not, get one! But as mentioned above, this means that if you use a PCC, there is no local travel agent anymore, you will be dealing directly with NCL via your PCC.

Edited by cliffd64

I got my PCC when I registered to use the NCL vacation planning app on my iPhone. It was fast. She called me within an hour of me registering. You could try signing up for the Latitudes program and I bet a PCC will contact you in short order.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I got my PCC when I registered to use the NCL vacation planning app on my iPhone. It was fast. She called me within an hour of me registering. You could try signing up for the Latitudes program and I bet a PCC will contact you in short order.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I actually am a Latitudes member lwrandall. Is it possible I have a PCC and don't know who it is? How can I find out?

Honestly, when I booked my Breakaway cruise, I did it on the phone with NCL & skipped my PCC.

My PCC called a few weeks ago & it was then that I told him I was interested in a Breakaway cruise. At that particular moment he was able to offer me a $200 OBC.

I knew myself that I had seen higher amounts when checking the NCL site on my own & told him so. He insisted that $200 was all he could offer. I declined & told him to keep me in mind when a better deal came through.

I found a great deal myself & booked it with NCL. They offered double the OBC, a reduced deposit & a complimentary Anniversary cake/strawberries/wine of our choice.

I've always found that when calling NCL directly, they are very happy to answer questions or problem solve.

I still haven't heard from my PCC.

If you do use one, I hope your experience is better than mine.

I personally don't like my PCC. I rather just use the 800 number and get whoever answers. I contacted my PCC quite a few times in the past and she either calls back when it's too late for a promotion or gives me incorrect information on the promotions.

For two years an NCL personal cruise consultant has been hounding me for a booking. A few months ago, I left a message for him to contact me regarding a 2015 Alaska booking --- 3 days later he still had not returned my call so I called and left him a message to forget the message I left for him. I immediately dialed NCL's reservations and got a wonderful young lady who booked our cruise immediately.

The funny thing about this story is that my personal cruise consultant called me two days after I booked with NCL reservations ---when I answered the phone he asked "how can I help you book your freestyle cruise" --- the same thing he says every few months when he calls. He had no recollection of my previous call to him -- I'm sorry, I can't deal with someone like that. If you are calling someone to pursue their business you should at least keep notes of prior conversations.

I do hope this personal cruise consultant is not typical of what NCL offers.

Edited by Italy52