Visa Signature Card Complimentary Upgrade Offer

Because some of us don't live in areas where there are very many Southwest flights...unless we wanted to spend the whole day connecting to get where we wanted to go.

This is true for a lot of cases, especially flying west to east and factoring in the time change!! :eek: But we still prefer SW over other airlines. :D

I can tell you we got the new card last fall...and we did qualify for the free companion airfare, but for us, it was not a good deal. We were sent a letter with our code to redeem our free airfare...however, when I was ready to purchase our tickets, the exact flight I wanted was $350 on the airline site, but when I went over to the third party site, they were charging a whopping $550 for the tickets and for the free one, we would have to pay taxes and fees for it.....so we weren't really getting anything for free...in fact, because we needed 3 tickets, we would be paying more than going through the airline direct. I was so disappointed.

Thanks for posting this. "reduced companion" isn't very clear on the savings. I figured it was a 3rd party upsell.

I can tell you we got the new card last fall...and we did qualify for the free companion airfare, but for us, it was not a good deal. We were sent a letter with our code to redeem our free airfare...however, when I was ready to purchase our tickets, the exact flight I wanted was $350 on the airline site, but when I went over to the third party site, they were charging a whopping $550 for the tickets and for the free one, we would have to pay taxes and fees for it.....so we weren't really getting anything for free...in fact, because we needed 3 tickets, we would be paying more than going through the airline direct. I was so disappointed.

We actually have two cards going...the old one, and this new one. And when it came time to redeem our points, it let me pull points off both card accounts to get shipboard credit.

Oh, no....what a bummer!

Question...was the voucher sent automatically or did it come after you reached the 3500 spent?

Also got the offer in the form of an email. Called Bof A and they were clueless....imagine that! After the BofA agent stumbling over every word, I got transferred to RC and a guy named Shawn who works for RC in the rewards redemption department, he went over every detail and answered all my questions. He knows his job!!!

Signed up for the new card. Should arrive in a few weeks...all points transfer over, you also get 10K points after your first purchase, that is normally just for NEW card holders, but is an added bonus for the Signature card.

As others already stated the two for one airfare...after you spend $3500 in 90 days.

So I'm seeing conflicting comments on CC as to if you will get the 10,000 point bonus if you "upgrade" via the recently sent out email (as opposed to fully applying for a new Visa Signature version of the card)...a dissenting opinion is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39749700&postcount=440

So...can anyone that has recently followed the "upgrade" path confirm if they got the 10,000 points bonus, or not? :confused:

Thanks!

:)

Te fine print also states that this new card will have a revolving credit line, not a preset amount

I saw this and was concerned. When I see revolving credit, I think of a home equity loan. Does this mean that interest starts when you make a purchase like an home equity loan? Or is it like a credit card that you can pay off each month and avoid any interest?

Also got the offer in the form of an email. Called Bof A and they were clueless....imagine that! After the BofA agent stumbling over every word, I got transferred to RC and a guy named Shawn who works for RC in the rewards redemption department, he went over every detail and answered all my questions. He knows his job!!!

Signed up for the new card. Should arrive in a few weeks...all points transfer over, you also get 10K points after your first purchase, that is normally just for NEW card holders, but is an added bonus for the Signature card.

As others already stated the two for one airfare...after you spend $3500 in 90 days.

Linda, I can't find the 10,000 point part anywhere in the upgrade offer. If I decide to upgrade, I would like to request that as well.

You said you "signed up" for the new card, which seems to be a little different than just pushing the button to upgrade, or even calling the phone number on the flyer.

Did Shawn ask for your name, address, etc.....?

The airfare part is a sham, because you have to go through a specified TA company. 10,000 points would be more useful...:)

Edited by Coralc

Why not get the Southwest Card where you get 50,000 points, almost always enough for 2 free round trips or more

Because it has an annual fee, and we have no interest in credit cards with annual fees.

I think I will go ahead and upgrade the Royal Caribbean card to the Signature card for now. And once we accumulate enough points, and it gets closer...I will transfer them to a booked cruise.

I keep looking at this BofA travel rewards card. 1.5 points on any purchase, redeemable on any travel, no foreign transaction fees, no annual fee.

And I think it might be a better fit for us. But I dislike having all these credit card accounts open.

Linda, I can't find the 10,000 point part anywhere in the upgrade offer. If I decide to upgrade, I would like to request that as well.

You said you "signed up" for the new card, which seems to be a little different than just pushing the button to upgrade, or even calling the phone number on the flyer.

Did Shawn ask for your name, address, etc.....?

The airfare part is a sham, because you have to go through a specified TA company. 10,000 points would be more useful...:)

I hope I can answer some of your questions as some of them are the same ones I had when I talked with Shawn at RC.

Here is the link to the RC Signature Visa, its outlined in the features listed. You'll need to look at the terms and conditions for some of the answers. He did verify that the 10,000 bonus points were for the Signature visa. So I will keep an eye out for those bonus points!! :)

Keep in mind this is the link from RC website and not the Email offer to the Signature Visa.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=5

I may have not worded it correctly for being "signed up"....in a way it is signing up, I think! :rolleyes:

Shawn (RC agent) He did not ask for my name or address, but did verify other information before he brought up our C& A account, he had me verfiy a few things. He was one of the few agents who handles applying Visa points to your reservation.

Hope this helps!!

Edited by Arizona Cruz Chic

Wellll. oops.......:eek: I guess we just upgraded. While trying to find out more about the upgrade, I clicked on the "find out more" link about the upgrade. I could cancel it, but I was probably going to proceed anyway. :rolleyes:

It took me to the BofA page where we have already been approved and upgraded. I don't think we are getting 10,000 points.

Darn companies any more! :rolleyes:

Because it has an annual fee, and we have no interest in credit cards with annual fees.

I think I will go ahead and upgrade the Royal Caribbean card to the Signature card for now. And once we accumulate enough points, and it gets closer...I will transfer them to a booked cruise.

I keep looking at this BofA travel rewards card. 1.5 points on any purchase, redeemable on any travel, no foreign transaction fees, no annual fee.

And I think it might be a better fit for us. But I dislike having all these credit card accounts open.

This B of A travel rewards card (I thought they also called it a "Business" card) may be what the B of A rep. talked me into, because of the extra points. (no annual fee) When I got the card and all the paperwork, it turns out I have to use their travel agent and when I compared the trip I was working on and the rates they had, theirs was lot more. I still have the card, but only used it for a few small purchases. L still like my old standby B of A Royal Caribbean card, no annual fee, pay off each month and use it for everything possible.

As to earlier comments about Southwest. I personally like Southwest, but when I checked on their credit card, they do charge an annual fee, and I don't fly very often, so no value for me.

This B of A travel rewards card (I thought they also called it a "Business" card) may be what the B of A rep. talked me into, because of the extra points. (no annual fee) When I got the card and all the paperwork, it turns out I have to use their travel agent and when I compared the trip I was working on and the rates they had, theirs was lot more. I still have the card, but only used it for a few small purchases. L still like my old standby B of A Royal Caribbean card, no annual fee, pay off each month and use it for everything possible.

As to earlier comments about Southwest. I personally like Southwest, but when I checked on their credit card, they do charge an annual fee, and I don't fly very often, so no value for me.

Really? I will have to check the T&C's on that one too. It is not a business card....and from what I have so far determined, it can be applied to any travel, it is not branded. :)Link:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/bankamericard-travel-rewards-credit-card.go

And truly... I do a lot of research on credit cards and purchases.

Edited by Coralc

Wellll. oops.......:eek: I guess we just upgraded. While trying to find out more about the upgrade, I clicked on the "find out more" link about the upgrade. I could cancel it, but I was probably going to proceed anyway. :rolleyes:

It took me to the BofA page where we have already been approved and upgraded. I don't think we are getting 10,000 points.

Darn companies any more! :rolleyes:

So, I posted this yesterday....about upgrading to the RCL Signature Visa cards.

Guess what we received in the mail today...new RCL credit cards! I was incredibly impressed by the supersonic delivery service. :rolleyes: Until I read the accompanying letter and looked closer at the cards.

In an effort to protect our security AND privacy....new Platinum Plus Visa cards have been issued...blah, blah, blah. Please begin using your new cards and numbers immediately. Your old cards will be deactivated, etc.

I'm not sure I should even bother to activate these, and that other card is looking better and better. :D

Guess what we received in the mail today...new RCL credit cards! I was incredibly impressed by the supersonic delivery service. :rolleyes: Until I read the accompanying letter and looked closer at the cards.

In an effort to protect our security AND privacy....new Platinum Plus Visa cards have been issued...blah, blah, blah. Please begin using your new cards and numbers immediately. Your old cards will be deactivated, etc.

I'm not sure I should even bother to activate these, and that other card is looking better and better. :D

Did it mention a security breach at an "undisclosed merchant"?:rolleyes:

......ummmmm you mean Target?

So are you saying you won't activate the signature Visa card? :confused:

We haven't received anything yet!

No Linda...the new replacement Platinum Plus Visa cards we received today. We didn't request them, they just sent them because of a security issue. (presumably).

The Visa signature cards are supposed to arrive whenever they mail them (4-6 weeks?)

We don't desperately need a credit card in the meantime, we have others. And we really don't use credit cards very often.

No Linda...the new replacement Platinum Plus Visa cards we received today. We didn't request them, they just sent them because of a security issue. (presumably).

The Visa signature cards are supposed to arrive whenever they mail them (4-6 weeks?)

We don't desperately need a credit card in the meantime, we have others. And we really don't use credit cards very often.

Ahhhh, that happened to us a few weeks ago, new cards out of the blue because of the same thing.

Are you sure they actually came from Bank of America?

Yes, I got a new one in the last month - my husband did not - because he didn't shop at Target in December. I just had to laugh at their "undisclosed merchant", yes there were a few other merchants that were also hacked but....maybe it is because Target is headquartered here - the security breach was BIG BIG news here.

Yes, I got a new one in the last month - my husband did not - because he didn't shop at Target in December. I just had to laugh at their "undisclosed merchant", yes there were a few other merchants that were also hacked but....maybe it is because Target is headquartered here - the security breach was BIG BIG news here.

:D I received the "undisclosed merchant or service provider" email and phone call from BofA today. ;)

:D I received the "undisclosed merchant or service provider" email and phone call from BofA today. ;)

They must have decided that it would be cheaper to give everyone at risk a new card rather than deal with the potential fraudulent charges.

BTW - I have found BoA to be VERY QUICK in identifying fraudulent charges -and as soon as they found them, they shut down the card if they can't get hold of you immediately. We were liable for $0 in both cases - not sure who covered the charges - the merchant or BoA - but it wasn't us :D

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone who already got their new card - how long did it take? The mailing said 4-6 weeks - just wondering if that is true.

I forgot I will need to change the credit card number for our Set Sail pass once I get the new card.

Well, for anyone else who is interested - I applied for the upgrade April 16th and received the new ones May 9th - took 23 days. Plenty of time for me to change our Set Sail pass and print them out finally. :D

Well, for anyone else who is interested - I applied for the upgrade April 16th and received the new ones May 9th - took 23 days. Plenty of time for me to change our Set Sail pass and print them out finally. :D

Thanks for the update MNfamilycruiser...can you also provide any update on if you received an additional 10,000 points for doing the upgrade (or not)?

:confused:

Thanks for the update MNfamilycruiser...can you also provide any update on if you received an additional 10,000 points for doing the upgrade (or not)?

:confused:

No, I did not. The 10,000 points is only if you open a new card, not upgrade one you already have.