Waterproof Camera

packedandready

I have a FUjiFilm FinePIX XP10 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD. I bought it second hand off a friend who no longer wanted/needed it.

It works great, easy to use, also takes video. I used it for hours snorkeling in French Polynesia and had no problems at all.

I'm seeing a bunch of them on eBay for around $100. At that price I wouldn't worry about grey market warranties.

Panasonic TS25 - Lumix

Good to 23 feet, so it is fine for snorkeling, not diving

16.1 megapixels

4X optical zoom

takes panorama shots and video

I paid $170 for it on a ship [because both cameras I brought with me decided to stop working on Day 1 of the cruise!!] so I would guess you could find it for less at home.

That's what I got! My little Kodak EasyShare point and shoot just wasn't cutting it any more. And we've taken enough cruises now (and purchased the waterproof disposables) that we're fairly certain that a waterproof digital camera was what we needed.

So far, I've only used it for "regular" picture taking, and the pictures are great. Soon I'll be giving the waterproof ability the test.

We got mine at Target on sale early this summer. It was already on sale for $139, but a little cheaper on Target.com ($129), so we printed out the price to take for a "price match". When they did the price match at Customer service it came up as $109! Great deal.

I have been using a Canon D10 for likely 4 years and it has been a great camera for snorkeling and its tough as nails....it has the scratches to prove it. However it is no longer in production although is available through online venders. As well newer versions are available.