Prices different when logged in?

I'm sure there is some reasonable explanation for this but I'm tired and I can't figure it out!

When I look at prices on RCCL's website for my upcoming Allure cruise the prices are cheaper when I'm logged in to my account versus when I'm not logged in? What is the reason for the difference?

I'm sure there is some reasonable explanation for this but I'm tired and I can't figure it out!

When I look at prices on RCCL's website for my upcoming Allure cruise the prices are cheaper when I'm logged in to my account versus when I'm not logged in? What is the reason for the difference?

Are you a C and A member? If so that may be reflect a discount.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse all of the inevitable typos!!! :eek: Curse tablet keyboards!

The strange thing is when I booked I got $125 (total) off my Balcony Room for being a C&A member. Now when I look at prices of Junior Suites it shows a discount of $178 per person. Is the C&A discount that much better for booking a suite?

I guess I understand that the discount rate is showing when I'm logged in, however when I look at the room category that I have booked now it doesn't show any discount rate.

Maybe I'm just making this harder than it needs to be! LOL

The strange thing is when I booked I got $125 (total) off my Balcony Room for being a C&A member. Now when I look at prices of Junior Suites it shows a discount of $178 per person. Is the C&A discount that much better for booking a suite?

I guess I understand that the discount rate is showing when I'm logged in, however when I look at the room category that I have booked now it doesn't show any discount rate.

Maybe I'm just making this harder than it needs to be! LOL

The website is supposed to be intelligent, and apply the best discount you are entitled to. So the discount might be the C&A coupon, C&A balcony discount, or even the April promo that runs until 4/20. Royal has purposely made it very difficult to determine what discount(s) are being applied.

The website is supposed to be intelligent, and apply the best discount you are entitled to. So the discount might be the C&A coupon, C&A balcony discount, or even the April promo that runs until 4/20. Royal has purposely made it very difficult to determine what discount(s) are being applied.

I guess I'll just go with The Royal website knows what it is doing! LOL

So my next question, would you upgrade from a D1 balcony to a JS for $445 per person? I'm thinking that is still way too high but just curious what others think. I've never sailed in a JS so not sure how much more $ is worth it.

So my next question, would you upgrade from a D1 balcony to a JS for $445 per person? I'm thinking that is still way too high but just curious what others think. I've never sailed in a JS so not sure how much more $ is worth it.

If that's $445 per person for a 7 day Caribbean cruise, it would be too much for me. If it was for a transpacific, or the Brilliance cruise from Harwich to Boston, then I'd jump on it.

I agree with Bob, $445 per person is too much. Just keep watching it.

Thanks for the replies!

I agree that the price to upgrade is still too high. At least for me it is. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being unrealistic thinking it might come down some more.

I'm torn because I really like the location we have booked. We have center hump on deck 8. There are no JS open on deck 8 currently and I would really love to stay on that deck. I know that closer to final payment some might open up, so I'll keep checking! We've never had a JS and I'm fine with sticking with the D1. We really aren't in the room that much so the extra space isn't a big deal to us. The reason I'm hoping to switch to a JS is because after this cruise I'll be at 29 points. 1 point away from Platinum. If we can stay in a JS then it will bump us up to Platinum. I'm sure there really isn't a big difference between Gold and Platinum but it will just drive me crazy knowing I'm only one point away! LOL

T... I'm sure there really isn't a big difference between Gold and Platinum but it will just drive me crazy knowing I'm only one point away! LOL

Platinum is when you start getting balcony discounts.

There are some really strange discounts on that January Allure cruise. I looked through all the suites, using my normal family of 4. OS, SL and RS had $100 discounts, which I assume is my platinum balcony discount, while others had hundreds off. The GS was $500, the L1 and L2 was about ~$1600 and ~$1400. JS was $356.

There are some really strange discounts on that January Allure cruise. I looked through all the suites, using my normal family of 4. OS, SL and RS had $100 discounts, which I assume is my platinum balcony discount, while others had hundreds off. The GS was $500, the L1 and L2 was about ~$1600 and ~$1400. JS was $356.

It sounds like some may have the new C and A savings on them. there site is getting more and more user NON FRIENDLY

I'm considering Royal for the first time and wonder if they are like Princess in (the somewhat little known ability) that you can share your discount on the same cruise with your friends & family somehow, but still letting them book on their own?

I'm considering Royal for the first time and wonder if they are like Princess in (the somewhat little known ability) that you can share your discount on the same cruise with your friends & family somehow, but still letting them book on their own?

The C&A coupon and balcony discounts are based on C&A membership and level of the guests booked in a stateroom. There's no sharing of discounts with guests who are not eligible themselves.

April promo that runs until 4/20, what is this?