Early or Late Boarding

cruiseqt3.14

We're hoping more FTTF opens up for our 12/7/14 Dream Cruise out of the N.O. BUT if that doesn't happen, should we try to get to port super early or hang back and sip a few Hurricanes till about 2pm? What are you experiences with getting there early or later?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Get there early and enjoy the ship. Don't eat breakfast...go for a brunch today on the ship. Without FTTF, your room may not be ready so head to the Lido and find a good table/booth. Have someone stay with your bags while you take turns going to the buffet. Then take your carry-ons and grab a seat on deck with a good view and watch the people arrive. Or go late. Either way, short lines. I just prefer waiting on the ship over waiting off the ship.

wife and I try to get to the port early, with F2F or without (usually with). We do get lunch before the crowds, wander the ship to get our bearings and see where everything is that we want to do, and then pop outside by the pool just to watch the crowds wander by. People watching can be very soothing :)

I would enjoy N. O. The food is better and you have the whole cruise to enjoy the ship. Get to the ship later and you will have no wait to board. I cannot imagine sitting in a terminal waiting, when I could be enjoying N.O.

Get there early and enjoy the ship. Don't eat breakfast...go for a brunch today on the ship. Without FTTF, your room may not be ready so head to the Lido and find a good table/booth. Have someone stay with your bags while you take turns going to the buffet. Then take your carry-ons and grab a seat on deck with a good view and watch the people arrive. Or go late. Either way, short lines. I just prefer waiting on the ship over waiting off the ship.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

We usually arrive around 2:00. That way we can check in quickly, take our luggage directly to our cabin and then head to lido for lunch:)

I have only done this once but at 4pm on a RCCL cruise and it was actually easier and less stressful than queuing up early!

"Everyone" wants to be onbaord first every cruise but late arrival is better than jostling with the Heard lol

We usually get to the port early, but we also use FTTF and spend two days in NOLA before the cruise as well. We do that so we do not feel rushed or anxious about not making the ship in time. If we did not have FTTF then I would spend more time exploring NOLA.

Personally I always go early, but I'm not a late riser and I am usually too excited to get there to wait so I can't help myself...The downfall to that is, if you have a ton of carry on stuff you won't be able to get to your room and you will have to carry it around with you. I had FTTF last time so I didn't have to worry about it, but there were a lot of people up on Lido with a lot of luggage and I did feel really bad for them. I usually try to limit myself to one carry on so that it's easy to manage if I am not using FTTF when I go early!