Crew serving in Star buffet?

fud2468

I asked this question on another thread but got no answer.

As a preventative measure, are crew now doing all the serving of food in the buffet?

All that I've heard is that this has been done only after a noro breakout.

In connection with this I need to ask if the buffet is considered to be part of Anytime Dining?

On our 5 cruises with Princess we ate exclusively in the buffet and never tried to locate an Anytime dining room (if there is such a thing).

If it exists, where would we find it on Star?

Thank you,

36rascal.

As a preventative measure, are crew now doing all the serving of food in the buffet?

In connection with this I need to ask if the buffet is considered to be part of Anytime Dining?

On our 5 cruises with Princess we ate exclusively in the buffet and never tried to locate an Anytime dining room (if there is such a thing).

Thank you,

36rascal.

The crew will serve as long as deemed necessary, unknown if they still are.

No the HC is not part of anytime dining.

Anytime DR on deck's 5/6 atrium.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thank you,

36rascal.

Anyone, including traditional and anytime diners, can eat at the buffet.

They will list the anytime dining room in the Princess Patter, which is the little newsletter you get everyday in your cabin or in the mailbox outside your cabin door.

Don't know about the noro.

Sue

Star has three dining rooms. The Capri on deck 5 and the Portofino on Deck 6 are used by Anytime dining. The Amalfi on deck 6 is reserved for Formal. I believe Portofino may be used for formal for one sitting time then opened to Anytime later.

Last month on the Star, the Capri Dining Room on Deck 5 midship was strictly anytime from 5:30PM onwards (although most nights it opened around 5:15PM). The Portofino Dining Room on Deck 6 midship was reserved for early traditional dining until 7:30PM, when it opened for anytime diners for the rest of the evening. The Amalfi Dining Room on Deck 6 aft was strictly traditional dining in 2 seatings. As others have said, the Horizon Court Buffet is open to all passengers from 6AM until midnight.

As a preventative measure, are crew now doing all the serving of food in the buffet?...

36rascal.

36 I can tell you the only times I've experienced the crew serving in the buffet, is during a noro outbreak (or something similar that the ship was trying to take care of).

If the crew is serving at the buffet, then you probably won't get snacks at the martini bar (or other bars). If someone has experienced different, please let me know.

36 I can tell you the only times I've experienced the crew serving in the buffet, is during a noro outbreak (or something similar that the ship was trying to take care of).

If the crew is serving at the buffet, then you probably won't get snacks at the martini bar (or other bars). If someone has experienced different, please let me know.

We had low level Noro issues on the Coral a year ago. No serving of food, but staff handed you plates and silverware and there was no salt, pepper and sweeteners on the tables. Another clue is having all bathroom doors propped open.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, the crew has been serving for the last week and a half.

This in an effort to minimize the Noro outbreak.

Cruise will be over tomorrow and they are scheduling a major cleaning.

I assume there will be some delay boarding for the next pax.

Yes, the crew has been serving for the last week and a half.

This in an effort to minimize the Noro outbreak.

Cruise will be over tomorrow and they are scheduling a major cleaning.

I assume there will be some delay boarding for the next pax.

Wow are you onboard?

MauiLvrs just posted live from the Crown.....

Awesome cruise!

A little chilly today and probably tomorrow.

We havent heard a thing about noro:D:D:D

Released from code red in Cabo :D