Allure-Crown Loft Suite vs Grand Suite

We are booked on the Allure in a Grand Suite (have already paid $500 to upgrade from a JS) and can now upgrade for about $90.00 total to an aft facing Crown Loft Suite. We have never stayed in a CLS, but since they are aft facing, we are a bit concerned about noise from the sport court and the distance to get to many areas of the ship. Thoughts?

The CLS...The CLS...The CLS. We enjoyed our aft facing CLS so much on the OASIS, that we have booked another on the ALLURE next year. There's nothing like it on any other ship. We loved the people watching..the QUIET QUIET hallways outside the suite..TWO bathrooms!!!..electronically operated drapes from the bed!..the drop down ( from the ceiling) tv in the bedroom..the HUGE shower ( ship-wise) upstairs..multiple closets...and the dining table. Were we able to have a quiet, private balcony? No. But we wouldn't go on a cruise to get that anyway. How quiet and private is it when your neighbor is 5 feet away separated from you by a thin, frosted piece of plexiglass? Seriously, it's just personal preference. IMO, I would stay on the PORT side of the center (1730, 1728, 1726, 1724, 1722) to avoid the noise from the basketball court. Btw..we could not hear the outside noise inside the suite.

I just did this for our Oasis cruise. Over the course of 2 days I went from a JS to a GS to a CL. In addition to friends who have been in one encouraging me, I read through stuff here on CC and it was overwhelmingly positive. In the end, I decided this was an opportunity to have a unique experience on a ship that's very different...we can have a GS on any ship!

Edited by Cindy

Crown loft all the way. There will be some noise but it's not that bad. They are unique and should be tried at least once. I have photos of the aft facing CLS in my photos below. Click on the Allure photos.

I loved your pictures...they helped me decide to go ahead and make the move! I was looking at some of your other cabin pictures too...the Aqua Theatre Suite surprised me a little. For some reason I thought it would be more luxurious than it looked in your photos, especially the bathrooms!

Where did you take the pictures of Oasis arriving in Fort Lauderdale? I have to have some!:D

I loved your pictures...they helped me decide to go ahead and make the move! I was looking at some of your other cabin pictures too...the Aqua Theatre Suite surprised me a little. For some reason I thought it would be more luxurious than it looked in your photos, especially the bathrooms!

Where did you take the pictures of Oasis arriving in Fort Lauderdale? I have to have some!:D

The Aqua Theater Suite was a disappointment from the interior standpoint. Did not feel like the other suites. The only reason that I would book this category again would be for the large balcony. That was a huge plus. The Loft suites are much nicer.

I took those photos from the balcony of our hotel room which was the Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six across from the port.

The Aqua Theater Suite was a disappointment from the interior standpoint. Did not feel like the other suites. The only reason that I would book this category again would be for the large balcony. That was a huge plus. The Loft suites are much nicer.

I took those photos from the balcony of our hotel room which was the Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six across from the port.

I had a feeling that's what you were going to say, so I took a minute and booked it! It's a lot less money than they're asking for the Embassy Suites. I was going to stay at the Hyatt Place to save a couple dollars, but for great ship arrival pictures, I'll make the sacrifice!:D

The Aqua Suite pictures reminded me of the difference between a Royal Family Suite and a GS or OS on a Voyager class ship.

Edited by Cindy

Crown loft all the way. There will be some noise but it's not that bad. They are unique and should be tried at least once. I have photos of the aft facing CLS in my photos below. Click on the Allure photos.

I love this thread because I'm currently in a Grand Suite on the Allure, but I'm really debating the 'different' experience of the Crown Loft. The part I'm wondering about is the view of the ocean. It's essential to me to look out and see water or a sunset. Seeing your view out looks pretty expansive over the water and may be changing my mind! The other thing is the trip to the Concierge Lounge which we do frequent regularly. Currently our GS is right outside the lounge entrance which is very handy for grabbing a quick coffee or snack in the morning before heading to the gym. Hmmm....tough choice! Not that you can go all that wrong with either one. I so like new experiences.

After reading all the comments ( and many other threads!), I booked the CLS. We have 1734- would rather have an ocean facing one but am excited to experience this unique room. Thank you for your information!

I had a feeling that's what you were going to say, so I took a minute and booked it! It's a lot less money than they're asking for the Embassy Suites. I was going to stay at the Hyatt Place to save a couple dollars, but for great ship arrival pictures, I'll make the sacrifice!:D

The Aqua Suite pictures reminded me of the difference between a Royal Family Suite and a GS or OS on a Voyager class ship.

This reminded me that I needed to call the Hyatt today and book our stay before our Silhouette cruise. Make sure that you book the tower room for the best views.:)

I love this thread because I'm currently in a Grand Suite on the Allure, but I'm really debating the 'different' experience of the Crown Loft. The part I'm wondering about is the view of the ocean. It's essential to me to look out and see water or a sunset. Seeing your view out looks pretty expansive over the water and may be changing my mind! The other thing is the trip to the Concierge Lounge which we do frequent regularly. Currently our GS is right outside the lounge entrance which is very handy for grabbing a quick coffee or snack in the morning before heading to the gym. Hmmm....tough choice! Not that you can go all that wrong with either one. I so like new experiences.

It's not that bad of a trip down to the CL. You will find that the deck that the loft suites are located is very quiet.

After reading all the comments ( and many other threads!), I booked the CLS. We have 1734- would rather have an ocean facing one but am excited to experience this unique room. Thank you for your information!

They are Great. I had an Ocean view one in September. Got in on a Labor day special last year when they ran 110% single supplements. $1700 I could't pass up that never will I sail in one chance. :)

Upgrade fairy moved us up from a GS to a CLS last year on the Oasis. We loved it so much we booked the Allure for this year in the same exact suite! It will be like coming home :). Love love love the CLS!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app