crab legs?

cruzinmom

I have not seen crab legs on Carnival menus since my 2001 8 day Spirit cruise. Nor have I seen them on Celebrity or NCL. I did hear that on the Carribean Princess they are offered in one of the buffet venues on 1-2 nights.

:) Does anyone else love crab legs? I sure wish they had these on the ship. Ill be on Victory.:rolleyes:
I've never met a crab leg I didn't like! :rolleyes: They serve Alaskan king crab legs on Holland America Line (already split open for your convenience) on one of the formal nights. Also, Caribbean Princess has a cold seafood buffet with lobster claws and crab legs (I'm not sure if the crab is Alaskan King or another variety).

I've had crab legs on HAL's Maasdam.

They were soggy and mushy - obviously had been thawed improperly - and just awful.

They were served for dinner one night and we saw the leftover ones on the lunch buffet the next day. Would have made excellent chum! :)

Sept 2003 I was on the Carnival Legend and we had king crab legs one night. They were wonderful!!! Then last Sept (04) I was on the Legend again, but this time NO crab legs. :(

My daughter will on the Legend this Sept. I can't wait to see if she gets them or not. She LOVES king crab legs...probably more than lobster. :D

We had crab legs, shrimp and lobster tails on the Caribbean Princess last year. They were served a few nights on the Caribe buffet. It was fun to go to the buffet around 5:30, load up a plate & bring it back to the balcony for apprtizers before dinner (we had late seating).

YUM!!!!!!!!

I really wish they offered crab legs on the buffett. I would really like to try Dungeness Crab. Never had that. Does anyone know what size the Lobster tails are. I'm thinking they're probably small. No worry I'll just have to order two or three haha. Can't wait! First time cruise on Victory in 16 days

• 2 weeks later...

I'm lucky enough to be going on the Caribbean Princess for the third time this year and I have some very good food pictures regarding the king crab legs, shrimp and grilled caribbean lobster tails. The seafood is chilled the first night...just ok... The seafood is hot on both formal nights in the buffet. The king crab legs are good and the grilled caribbean lobster tails are huge. I have had much better tasting crab and lobster but this was still a treat and one of he reasons I keep picking this ship. Hope the pictures help :)

http://community.webshots.com/album/285271206ygHrvX

I just read a Liberty review on the Carnival board and she mentioned crab-legs being served on their cruise...I am waiting to find out if it was in spec.restaurant or during a formal night. HMMMMM. I love em too and those Princess cruises with the crab-leg and sometimes lobster buffets sound WONDERFUL!!!!

Would you believe a 12 day cruise to Alaska and NO HALIBUT and/or KING CRABLEGS?

NCL is cutting back everywhere if you ask us.

We were right in the places where they catch halibut and on the menu were snapper, grouper and talapia...................

Can't wait to return to HAL!!

Nov. 26, here we come.:cool:

Has anyone had crab legs or any form of crab on Carnival Spirit? We are booked on the Spirit to go from Hawaii April 28th next year and we are going all the way to Alaska, so hoping we get to try some different kinds of crab, here in Australia we have a few varieties of sea crabs then we have Mangrove crabs which are huge and delicous, I love them all !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We had crab legs on Carnival Legend 8-day out of Fort Lauderdale. They weren't Alaskan, but they were already split, very sweet and you could order as much as you wanted. They were delicious! This was December 2003.

• 4 years later...

Archived