Marylous's tour

lovebears

I went with Mary Lou on Kona and Hilo and loved her !! We had a group of 6 that did both sides of the island with her the first week of April. She is great and her and Ken (her husband) go out their way to make the tours memorable. Got to taste lots of fresh fruits that we had never seen before -some out of her own garden. Much better than the larger impersonal tours. Would highly recommend her !

Toured with Mary Lou's in July 2013 on Hilo side and on Kona side, and I would also strongly recommend that you go for it. We had her husband Ken as the guide on both tours; knowledgeable, friendly, and willing to customize the tour to *your* tastes.

Without Ken, on the Kona side we would never have eaten white pineapple after snorkeling at Place of Refuge, or tasted tamarind fruit straight off the tamarind tree, or visited Mauka Meadows and bought estate coffee. On the Hilo side, we spent most of the day at the "usual suspects" at VNP (our choice), but also drove out to the ocean to see some magnificent views that again, we would not have seen but for his knowledge.

happy cruising,

el henry

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I booked MaryLou tours in Dec for both sides and they were fantastic. Highly recommend them!

I emailed and tried to call--no reply and no answer! How did you reach them?

I emailed and tried to call--no reply and no answer! How did you reach them?

I followed the email link from the website a few weeks ago and got an email back within several hours. Kensmet at Hotmail dot com. You can call and leave a message at 509-690-8163, but don't forget there is a several hour time difference.

Just used Marylou Tours in Hilo. Marylou was our tour guide. She works hard to give you a great experience. I recommend her highly. Met her son as he was taking another tour that stopped at the same place we did... very personable, very up on Island info.