I have search RCI site about C&A points

Here are the point levels from the site...

One point per night sailed, double points per night for Junior Suites and above, and as I understand it an extra point per night if you are solo sailing. Points are received after cruise is completed.

This is the link on the aussie site, but it may not work properly from overseas, but similarly, go to crown and anchor are and look for member benefits. http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

camemberpoints.jpg

Edited by goodycruising

Interesting... I never really paid very close attention to this since they changed to the "points" system based on 1 point per night (and an extra point in a suite and/or for sailing solo)... the old system was based on number of cruises, and I thought the points system was created based on 7-night cruises...

As I recall, the old system was 1 cruise = gold, 5 cruises (e.g., estimating 7-night cruises would be 35 points, not 30) = platinum, 10 cruises (70 points, not 80) = diamond (there was no emerald in the "old days")... and 25 points = diamond plus (indeed 175 points based on 7-night cruises). I wonder why they shifted platinum "down" and diamond "up" based on this system?

They also offer crystal block recognition every 70 points (e.g. the equivalent of ten 7-night cruises in a regular cabin, or five in a suite or when sailing solo) starting at 140 points... so 140, 210, 280, 350, 420, 490, 560, 630, and then Pinnacle at 700. You receive a crystal block of the ship you are sailing on when you reach each milestone. I believe once you are above the D+ level you also receive additional amenities, gifts, tours and other benefits as you move up the point ladder.

Of course, one can move up the ladder faster by sailing in a suite (1 extra point per night), sailing solo (1 extra point per night), or -now- taking longer cruises or B2Bs (in the old system, of course, you could move up very fast by taking a lot of short cruises)...

As I recall, the old system was 1 cruise = gold, 5 cruises (e.g., estimating 7-night cruises would be 35 points, not 30) = platinum, 10 cruises (70 points, not 80) = diamond (there was no emerald in the "old days")... and 25 points = diamond plus (indeed 175 points based on 7-night cruises). I wonder why they shifted platinum "down" and diamond "up" based on this system?

Probably had to do with having enough room to make another level (Emerald) viable, as it is exactly half way between Platinum and Diamond (30, 55, 80).