:(Dang it!

Marriott just did an audit on the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral and bumped them to a Category 6, meaning that all the Mega Bonus certificates are no good since they're Category 1-5! It's a good thing I booked before the change! What about next time? Anybody have a favorite Cape Canaveral hotel?:D

There's a Courtyard in Cocoa Beach that's pretty nice. Fairfield Inn in Viera (Melbourne) that's about 30 minutes from the port.

Edited by clarea

Marriott just did an audit on the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral and bumped them to a Category 6, meaning that all the Mega Bonus certificates are no good since they're Category 1-5! It's a good thing I booked before the change! What about next time? Anybody have a favorite Cape Canaveral hotel?:D

This is the result of this Residence Inn being rated as the best one in the US. That's not a bad thing by any means, but I do understand how that affects using your certificates. I'm a Marriott Rewards member too so I can relate to you about that. I have stayed at this property twice and it really is a great property. :)

Yup. Looks like if I have certificates I'll switch down the Courtyard, which is nothing to sneeze at itself! Marriott is great all around!

Miami's is still Cat5 (shew!)...now that's a crazy awesome place!

Oh I agree! I usually stay at Courtyard more often where ever I travel but in Cape Canaveral I really like that Residence Inn....