Re airport transfers.

Travelbug 2

Looking for information regarding airport transfer from Maasdam in Montreal.

My flight is not until 2pm but some very dear friends want to meet me for lunch at the airport (haven't seen them for many yrs). Can I request an early transfer or do I have to take what they give me?

Thanks for any info' :)

Can I request an early transfer or do I have to take what they give me?

You can ask for an early debarkation time, but you may sit on the bus for a while waiting for it to fill. I'd opt for a taxi if you can cancel the transfer. Your friends can't pick you up at the ship, or is the choice of meeting at the airport because you already have the transfer?

You can ask for an early debarkation time, but you may sit on the bus for a while waiting for it to fill. I'd opt for a taxi if you can cancel the transfer. Your friends can't pick you up at the ship, or is the choice of meeting at the airport because you already have the transfer?

I do not have a transfer booked yet, I thought I would do that on board. I thought about my friends picking me up at the ship but do not know how easy that would be for them. I have never docked in Montreal before. Anyone out there with any info about that?

Thanks for the info about the bus wait. Maybe a cab would be a good alternative.

... but do not know how easy that would be for them. I have never docked in Montreal before.
I've never docked in Montreal, but in most places it's best to have the picker-uppers wait some distance away from the congestion until you have gotten all the way outside and call them ... presuming you and they have cell phones.

That would give you more choice of restaurants than what is offered at the airport, and they wouldn't have to park there ... just drop you off after lunch.

Edited by jtl513

I've never docked in Montreal, but in most places it's best to have the picker-uppers wait some distance away from the congestion until you have gotten all the way outside and call them ... presuming you and they have cell phones.

That would give you more choice of restaurants than what is offered at the airport, and they wouldn't have to park there ... just drop you off after lunch.

The cruise port in Montreal is a bit of a mess for pickups and dropoffs. Perhaps you could take a cab part way (like into nearby Old Montreal) and meet your friends there, then they could take you to the airport. Many great dining options in that area. Hopefully your friends know the area and where to meet and dine.

DaveOKC

The cruise port in Montreal is a bit of a mess for pickups and dropoffs. Perhaps you could take a cab part way (like into nearby Old Montreal) and meet your friends there, then they could take you to the airport. Many great dining options in that area. Hopefully your friends know the area and where to meet and dine.

DaveOKC

A couple of years ago I had some friends pick me up in Montreal, and if I had to do it again I wouldn't unless the friends knew the port area very well. The place I was told to wait for them was a bit of a walk from the terminal. It took several calls to get together.

Take a cab as suggested. I would also think that Montreal would have many places to eat and socialize better than the airport.