When to book?

aubreyc1988

I am wanting to book a 7 day cruise on the Getaway in August in a inside cabin. Right now for the 30th, its 679 pp which is a good price. But I was wondering if I should chance it and wait until after final payment. I have the ability to pay in full and don't care where my cabin is

I know there is not a set answer but would love to know what other cruise critic members would do in my situation. Plus I'm sitting in a car bored to death just thinking about cruises

Please excuse any typos as I'm using Tapatalk on my mobile

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I am wanting to book a 7 day cruise on the Getaway in August in a inside cabin. Right now for the 30th, its 679 pp which is a good price. But I was wondering if I should chance it and wait until after final payment. I have the ability to pay in full and don't care where my cabin is

I know there is not a set answer but would love to know what other cruise critic members would do in my situation. Plus I'm sitting in a car bored to death just thinking about cruises

Ex: Mid March an inside on the Getaway for May 31st cruise date was $632.12 pp. About two weeks later it went down and my nephew called and was upgraded to an oceanview room free of charge. Today, that initial inside cabin he would have gotten is going for $693.50 pp

One never really knows if and when prices will go up or down. Truthfully, if you see a price that's okay with you and a cabin and location you like I'd suggest booking it. If you wait and wait and the price does go down you might not get the cabin you want and/or the location you want....or....prices may go up if the ship is filling up fast.

Good luck!

Harriet

I don't know how much of a gambler you are, but personally, I would wait and take my chances of a lower price after final payment is due. Aug 30 is bumping up against the time when lots of schools are starting, so the bookings may be slow. You may spend a couple hundred more, or could save that much. Roll the dice !!!!!

I did notice that Aug 23 is $30 less than Aug 30 right now. The first three weeks in Sept are $40 less.

Edited by swedish weave

You know you could book right up to 24hrs. What I would do is get a PVP and let her know you want to book a real cheap pack n go rate. My last cruise the person sailing cruise certificate said on the breakaway cruise ti nowhere cabinet were going for as little as 21.00 not including taxes n fees.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You know you could book right up to 24hrs. What I would do is get a PVP and let her know you want to book a real cheap pack n go rate. My last cruise the person sailing cruise certificate said on the breakaway cruise ti nowhere cabinet were going for as little as 21.00 not including taxes n fees.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have never booked with ncl so what is a pvp

I believe the term means "Personal Vacation Planner". A good one can save you some bucks. The 800 number will get you in contact with one of them.

Edited by swedish weave

Hi I booked the Epic l1 week in advance and got a inside room for 249+ port charges and tax .. I'm lucky I live in Miami so last minute is ok for us..depends where your from sometimes last minute is such a deal. It all about how comfortable you are. Other times I've book a year in advance and saw the price go up and up. It a gamble you have to take.

Good luck...

pvp = Personal Vacation Planner but NCL uses the term PCC which means Personal Cruise Consultant. When you call NCL's 800 number you can either book with whomever answers the phone, or you can ask to be assigned a PCC if you want personal assistance.

Edited by peg013

Something catches your eye - book it !

If the fares go down call and have an adjustment -

cavet this is done before final payment (90 days).

After final payment call and try for a better cabin or OBC.

Fares go up stand pat you have nothing to lose.

Plans change watch the dates that diminish your full refund.

Plans change move the reservation over to your new interests.

Definitely have a Travel Agent - PVC or PCC to assist in all respects of your plans !

Popular trips like the NCL STAR doing the Panama Canal this autumn need to be

booked several months in advance.

The rates have already gone up twice on other than the inside cabins and at

this point in time it appears the ship is a few cabins from sold out.

The fares are not going south on this sailing !

I would expect a sign on the registration/Pursers desk "DON'T BOTHER ME I AM SOLD OUT" !

Book early (9 months or more) for extra latitude points.

The more of these the better the amentities and clout (frequent cruiser) status you will have for future cruises.

So get on the cruise wagon and start booking and planning preferably with a TA-PVC-PCC !