Did you cancel your miracle cruise

vols_159

what happened to the Miracle?

Instead of being able to go 21 knots, it can only go 18-20 knots. This caused most of the Alaska cruises this summer to have a stop at Ketchikan (sp?) taken away, with additional time in Juneau and Canada and a sea day. Most were offered $50 OBC per person and a 25% future cruise voucher. A few itineraries were modified less, and did not get the OBC and voucher. The problem is going to be fixed in a dry dock after the season is over. They said it could not be done before season because they did not want to cancel any of the trips. HTH

I quest it all depends when final payment was, is, due. If you already made final payment. They would do something for you. If did not make final payment yet (not due yet) it on you, you excepted it this way. And that it. Some of all ready booked flights and will take a hit from them

I'm so confused. I did receive the email letter from Carnival but only as an attachment to an email from a rep at Carnival after I called several times asking why I didn't receive it.

I'm hoping that the on board credit and future cruise discount applies to me. Carnival claims they emailed it to me when the mass email went out, but I didn't get it until I requested it. That takes the sting away a little bit.

We are sailing July 1st and so our cruise is missing Ketchikan and longer port in Juneau and Victoria. I wasn't thrilled about that, but figured we could live with that. Now I'm hearing maybe we won't sail much of the inside passage and instead open water, which most people complain is a bit rough in that area.

Just don't know what to do. Hopefully it will be clarified today. I really want to go, but don't want to spend a lot of money for a less than great cruise.

We're on the July 8th sailing. We didn't care for Ketchikan in 2011 so we're happy for longer visits at the other ports. Hell, as far as we're concerned, 7 Sea Days in Alaska would be better than a week at work! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would bet that those complaining about lossing some parts of the Inside Passage would not know if they were in the Inside Passage or just any of the other straits and fiords that the ship will be in, according to the ship's captain (posted on John Heald's Facebook this morning).

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

We're not cancelling--no excursions planed for Ketchikan, so now I'll check out what do do in Victoria. Had a previous port change on my Imagination cruise--life goes on!

So much right off the Harbor at Victoria...the Royal BC Museum, Empress Hotel...just to see it...Tea there is great, there is a Minniature Museum there that is wonderful, tours of city are beautiful...Plus one may have time for Butchart Garden tour now...I love it there...Sarah

Instead of being able to go 21 knots, it can only go 18-20 knots. This caused most of the Alaska cruises this summer to have a stop at Ketchikan (sp?) taken away, with additional time in Juneau and Canada and a sea day. Most were offered $50 OBC per person and a 25% future cruise voucher. A few itineraries were modified less, and did not get the OBC and voucher. The problem is going to be fixed in a dry dock after the season is over. They said it could not be done before season because they did not want to cancel any of the trips. HTH

Must be recent. We sailed the Miracle March 22, and went full speed from Mexico to San Diego and back to transport a sick passenger to San Diego. We were going over 21 knots the entire time, according to the TV.

We were only about 6 hours late to Puerta Vallarta, even after all that backtracking! Maybe that's what broke her! All that speed!!

Must be recent. We sailed the Miracle March 22, and went full speed from Mexico to San Diego and back to transport a sick passenger to San Diego. We were going over 21 knots the entire time, according to the TV.

We were only about 6 hours late to Puerta Vallarta, even after all that backtracking! Maybe that's what broke her! All that speed!!

Yes, it happened just a week or so ago, and is what spawned this thread.