Did you cancel your miracle cruise

vols_159

Nope - I'm going. We already have flights booked and we have plans to stay with friends in Seattle pre-cruise. Sorry to miss Ketchikan, but looking forward to more port time in Juneau and Victoria. I'm really not worried about the mechanical problem - and I'm the daughter of an engineer, wife of an engineer, and mother of an engineer (the latter is a USCG-licensed marine engineer).:)

We are a group with 10 cabins booked and decided not to cancel. Our group sailed the Spirit with the same itinerary in 2012 and had a great time. I am ok with the extended times in Juneau and Victoria. But with that being said I am concerned about not sailing the inside passage.

there is some misinformation here. ALL ALaska cruises sail "inside passage", you can NOT get to Juneau without doing so. Carnival, since they changed to doing only round trip Seattle cruises has ALWAYS sailed outside Vancouver Island and open ocean first and last sailing day.

Take a look at a map. It isn't as simple as the above posts.

I am on 2 Miracle trips that I have no plans to cancel.

there is some misinformation here. ALL ALaska cruises sail "inside passage", you can NOT get to Juneau without doing so. Carnival, since they changed to doing only round trip Seattle cruises has ALWAYS sailed outside Vancouver Island and open ocean first and last sailing day.

Take a look at a map. It isn't as simple as the above posts.

I am on 2 Miracle trips that I have no plans to cancel.

I have not looked at a map yet but am planning too. I seen the postings as well from someone that stated they called Carnival and were told the ship would not be sailing the inside passage. Thanks for the info.

Edited by belkin

I think the issue with the Inside Passage is not " getting" to Juneau , it's whether or not their going to sail the Inside Passage heading back South. If they're just going to skip Ketchikan and still sail the inside passage all the way South so we get to enjoy the sights that's one thing , but if they're skipping Ketchikan and also cutting out into open ocean to go South that's another story. I'm certainly no navigational expert , but seems reasonable that if they're having to " slow down " , causing them to skip a port , then the slower Inside Passage would be the way to go.

I'm booked on the 06/24 sailing , and have no plans to cancel , but just called Carnival for clarification and got a solid " I don't know "

I think the issue with the Inside Passage is not " getting" to Juneau , it's whether or not their going to sail the Inside Passage heading back South. If they're just going to skip Ketchikan and still sail the inside passage all the way South so we get to enjoy the sights that's one thing , but if they're skipping Ketchikan and also cutting out into open ocean to go South that's another story. I'm certainly no navigational expert , but seems reasonable that if they're having to " slow down " , causing them to skip a port , then the slower Inside Passage would be the way to go.

I'm booked on the 06/24 sailing , and have no plans to cancel , but just called Carnival for clarification and got a solid " I don't know "

I found a good map and checked it out and was wondering the same thing.

I wish I could call my PVP and see if she could find out for me but she is on a cruise for the next week.

we also are trying to find out the route she will be sailing south.. i can see how she could cut back into the open ocean... i would be extremely disappointed if that happened.. we already have had to cancel our floatplane trip in ketchikan, and we have the aft-wraps, so as to enjoy the inside passage..otherwise, whats the point?.. i have emailed CCL to try to find out..waiting for a reply. i will post thereply when i receive it, if it hasnt already been posted. i agree though.. if speed is in issue, makes sence to go the slower route?? unless of course, it impeeds other ships behid us? too many ways to over think this..

I have not looked at a map yet but am planning too. I seen the postings as well from someone that stated they called Carnival and were told the ship would not be sailing the inside passage. Thanks for the info.

Yes, call Carnival in Miami and get the "information" from someone who hasn't even been to Alaska.

Round trip Seattle cruises are the least scenic Alaska cruises. So already an issue. There also is NO way to determine WHAT route is going to be sailed, at this time. For the "least" scene

ry, the ship will sail open ocean after Skagway, leaving Icy Strait. Again look at a map.

I am not booked on Miracle but my friends are in July. They are still awaiting clarification on if "non-refundable transportation" (Which carnival would refund if cancelled) includes 3rd party airfare. They booked via TA with Exp**ia and the TA (who is also a friend) said she sent Carnival and e-mail on the 16th so she could get an answer in black & white for visual confirmation. As of yet, no answer and she will call Monday to speak to someone. But IF airfare is fully refunded then my friends are thinking of cancelling. They didn't get insurance and due to recent health issues they see this as a blessing in a way. But want to make sure they get everything put into it back out of it. If not, then they will still go and enjoy it.

I'm canceling my cruise 16 day Hawaiian, 11 days a sea on a non 2.0 ship is just too much for me... I love days at sea but the 5 days in Hawaii just seems so rushed... I'm not totally sure if I'll ever have a chance to go back to Hawaii in my life time so I really feel this trip is just not worth it anymore... I wish everyone the best who sticks with it... Enjoy your cruise I'll just do a back to back 6 and 8 day to get my cruise fix in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many people have canceled due to the mechanical problem?

No we have not and for a couple reasons:

1. Our cruise (Sept. 10th) did not have any port cancelations and only a few modifications in the arrangement in the order we visit them and in arrival/departure times.

2. Our already paid airfare is of course non-refundable.

3. The letter we received from Carnival did not offer any form of compensation and/or refund including covering non-refundable transportation costs.

Should things change with Miracle beforehand that requires Carnival to offer us the same type of refunds (including the airfare costs) and future discount options, making us an offer we can't refuse, then we will regrettably accept their offer.

I'm canceling my cruise 16 day Hawaiian, 11 days a sea on a non 2.0 ship is just too much for me... I love days at sea but the 5 days in Hawaii just seems so rushed... I'm not totally sure if I'll ever have a chance to go back to Hawaii in my life time so I really feel this trip is just not worth it anymore... I wish everyone the best who sticks with it... Enjoy your cruise I'll just do a back to back 6 and 8 day to get my cruise fix in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can book another cruise or do a land trip to Hawaii. I have been to Hawaii several times but always by land and can't imagine going any other way.

I see you are talking back to back... not sure if you would be interested but the Triumph has a couple of unique sailings out right now if you want to combine a 10 and 11 day.

Happy Sailing :D :D