Solstice April 3 2015 sold out?

lhall85917

This sailing is not showing up on the Celebrity website and several of our roll call members have been told it is sold out. It just seems a little odd that this would happen almost a year out and when we had seen availability in several categories last week. This is a trans-Pacific from Sydney to Honolulu.

This situation happened to us another time then the cruise was cancelled so I might just be paranoid but thought I'd see if any of you have any knowledge of what might be happening.

Our Solstice trans Pacific April 2013 was listed as sold out several times in the year before we left and disappeared from the website on several occasions as well . Since there are only 2 trans- Pacifics per year , they tend to be very popular. Hopefully ,that's all it is!

I called Celebrity last week to book an Australia/New Zealand cruise package deal for November, 2014, but was told that it was completely booked. The CSR even contacted his superiors and they said that, yes, it was all full. Although several online travel agencies showed many cabins available, the CSR stuck to his story.

I then called a travel agency and they booked us on this cruise! We got one of the last 1A cabins, but there are still many other categories available. Not sure what is going on at Celebrity, but they were totally wrong. So, maybe your situation is similar. Check with some of the online travel agencies to see what they say.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

I don't know if Celebrity does this, but we tried to book a Med cruise on Azamara and there is a whole block of Med cruises listed as completely sold out. When we asked, we were told by the on board booking person that Azamara took 10 Med cruises and gave them to an Australian travel agency to sell locally. We took one of those sheets listing every Azamara cruise for the year and there it was, every cruise shown as sold out. So I'm wondering, is Celebrity doing the same thing by giving a travel agency either the ability to sell the entire ship or give an agency a huge block of cabins to sell?

Hi -

We are booked on this cruise. We booked while on board Rhapsody about 7 months ago! (feels like a long time ago)

We just tried to look it up today to check the cabin categories as we were thinking of changing room, but cant see it either! Not sure what is going on with the website.

I called Celebrity last week to book an Australia/New Zealand cruise package deal for November, 2014, but was told that it was completely booked. The CSR even contacted his superiors and they said that, yes, it was all full. Although several online travel agencies showed many cabins available, the CSR stuck to his story.

I then called a travel agency and they booked us on this cruise! We got one of the last 1A cabins, but there are still many other categories available. Not sure what is going on at Celebrity, but they were totally wrong. So, maybe your situation is similar. Check with some of the online travel agencies to see what they say.

Most likely the agencies are holding group space. This space would not be available to celebrity staff to sell until the online agency releases it or the recall date is reached.