Kids sail free?

subieroo

I'm confused. Looking at booking for our family but when I try to book one of the sailings on the dates for kids sail free It comes up with some outrageous price that includes paying for the kids.. Kids sail free to me means i pay for my wife and I and the kids are free!! Am I doing something wrong?

I'm confused. Looking at booking for our family but when I try to book one of the sailings on the dates for kids sail free It comes up with some outrageous price that includes paying for the kids.. Kids sail free to me means i pay for my wife and I and the kids are free!! Am I doing something wrong?

Probably not.....the Kids Sail Free promo is a joke. A few have actually saved but most find the price for the two paying adults very inflated.....

Like they think we won't "notice"........:rolleyes:

Probably not.....the Kids Sail Free promo is a joke. A few have actually saved but most find the price for the two paying adults very inflated.....

Like they think we won't "notice"........:rolleyes:

...What people don't "notice" are the restrictions placed on promotions.

...The "KSF" promo is only valid with the Fun Select Price rate code... which is basically the "newbie" price. If you've sailed Carnival before, you are eligible for any of the other discount rates. They will not let you book under "Early Saver" or "More The Merrier" rates (for example), and then try to get the kids free. Cruise lines won't let you "double-dip" on these rates.

Remember that 13 is an adult on a cruise line and taxes and port charges are not free.

This sale is 3/4th person sail free, they called it Kids Sail Free to appeal to the family market--age is not a factor. You could be 9 or 99 and still sail "free".

Also, what do you mean that "13 is an adult on a cruise line?" ON Carnival, except for children under 2 not being charged gratuities, everyone is charged according to how many people are in the room.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

how they call that free is amazing.

It may sound deceiving when you do the math, but here's the deal.

Carnival offers different promotions at any given time. Normally you can take advantage of ONE promotion at a time.

For example, say that there's a resident discount and there's a past guest discount. You have to choose one or the other. You can't apply both discounts to your booking.

On the same token, if you choose Kids Sail Free, you can't have any other discounted rate (like Early Saver, Past Guest, Military or any other promotion). You can't have more than one.

You must pay the regular rate for the 1st and 2nd in order to get the 3rd and 4th sail for free. Of course, you still need to pay taxes and gratuities for the free passengers. For some, the Kids Sail Free promo saves them some money. For others, they are better off with a different promotion.

The people crying foul with this promotion are people that want to double dip and take advantage of Kids Sail Free on top of another promotion. Read the fine print. Not understanding the rules doesn't mean that Carnival is being deceptive .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The people crying foul with this promotion are people that want to double dip and take advantage of Kids Sail Free on top of another promotion. Read the fine print. Not understanding the rules doesn't mean that Carnival is being deceptive .

...Thank you. Well said.

I booked our upcoming cruise of the Freedom and we are taking our children and grandchildren. The first time I saw the sale listed I went and tried a fake booking and the results were more than I paid booking a year ago. Pretty poor business model the new CEO has. Did they think folks wouldn't catch on.

I wonder if others have noticed prices have not come down on future cruises.

I've been booked for over a year and not seen on REAL price drop. Only phoney sales.

I booked our upcoming cruise of the Freedom and we are taking our children and grandchildren. The first time I saw the sale listed I went and tried a fake booking and the results were more than I paid booking a year ago. Pretty poor business model the new CEO has. Did they think folks wouldn't catch on.

I've been booked for over a year and not seen on REAL price drop. Only phoney sales.

If the prices are higher than last year, which IMO they are, that means the sales are going better than last year. Not worse. All of the major cruiselines have offered the kids sail free promotion. It's usually based on higher pricing. And under no circumstance can you combine sales. It's either one or the other. Nothing is hidden, and I'm sure Carnival is hoping you do notice all the terms for whichever pricing category you choose, because they are right there for you to see.

I went ahead and bolded the pertinent portions of your post.

It appears to me that Carnival has done the exact opposite of what you are claiming. They have figured out the price point that will fill the ship and started with that low price and then as the ship fills they are raising the price of the cruise.

You are upset that the cruise now cost more than when you booked, that makes little to no sense.

They are rewarding you up front for booking early not penalizing you. They could have started at a higher price and you could have booked at that price. Then as the price dropped you could have gotten the price drops until the shipped filled and the price was settled.

Instead Carnival just started you at the price you would have probably ended up at anyway.

To the larger point the amount of hand ringing over the "Kids Sail Free" promo has been astounding to me. Very few to no businesses allow you to combine promotions and all businesses have conditions for their promotions, why should Carnival be any different?

You are upset that the cruise now cost more than when you booked, that makes little to no sense.

How did you get I'm upset ???? Because I used a bold and Italicized a word ?

How about this "Kids don't sail free". Telling folks "Kids Sail Free" is not a true statement, is it ???? I guess in our present society a false statement means nothing. Sorry I even answered the question.