Radiance of the Seas May 2014 tours

cruisenovice2

Well I am stressing myself out and causing others in my group to stress. Not good for a vacation, but when this is one of the biggest vacations you have ever done you want to get it right. So looking at Ketichan and Skagway and excursions. Float planes are not an option so wish they were. With that being said any suggestions on what excursions to take , some are looking for scenery and others in our group active. Me I would like to see some beautiful scenery and then explore the port especially Ketichan it looks so interesting. Any suggestions for these two ports would be great. I so appreciate all the suggestions. Thank you in advance.

I've taken small groups on the bus/rail combo in Skagway with Chilkoot Charters a couple of times and they have all loved it.

I think Ketchikan might be a good port to split up and let people do what they want. Lots of different things there.

There are hundreds of options to consider. I am also a firm believer that Alaska is NOT a "group" travel area. Split up.

Everyone, first needs to take a look at a shore excursion list. Your "list" mentioned, is general and applies to many tours. You need to narrow down your interests and if any questions on specific tours, just repost. There is no point in me "recommending" my favorites when they aren't going to be yours or in the budget perhaps?

Well I am stressing myself out and causing others in my group to stress. Not good for a vacation, but when this is one of the biggest vacations you have ever done you want to get it right. So looking at Ketichan and Skagway and excursions. Float planes are not an option so wish they were. With that being said any suggestions on what excursions to take , some are looking for scenery and others in our group active. Me I would like to see some beautiful scenery and then explore the port especially Ketichan it looks so interesting. Any suggestions for these two ports would be great. I so appreciate all the suggestions. Thank you in advance.

I see you are a group of six and we are on the same cruise 5/16 Radiance..

For scenery there is the Misty Fjords & Wilderness tour by boat and you would still have some time to explore the port.

In Skagway you can combine the train and bus for wonderful scenery or rent a car.

As BQ says, it's best to look at the options and decide what YOU want to do and let the other decide as well. That way you'll have lots to discuss at dinner and everyone will be happy.

Check out the tours on RCCL's website and you can go from there.

Come back to our page and see what we've been talking about.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851964&page=18