Carnival and Early Saver issues since Jan. check your docs

stressedmomof3

First off I have to say that the last 3 trips with Carnival went off without a hitch. No problems, love early saver, had fun on Carnival, yadda, yadda, yadda...

This summer booking, though, seems to have everything go wrong that possibly can go wrong ( with the booking aspect).

We booked our trip last April with Early Saver. We had our $100 OBC for booking a cruise while on our last cruise. We booked 2 rooms using 2 of these $100 credits each on our 7 day cruise since we had two rooms last vacation.

Well, every time we have called in or submitted a price protection form, we have had:

A. the correct reduction made- but OBC not added to our account or reduced amount on our CC ( even though paying in full)

B. The $100 original OBC wiped off completely

C. An agent on the phone wipe everything out completely and hang up

D. The wrong reduction made and all OBC wiped down to about $50

E. both A+B

F. Change our Early Saver to a different rate and "upcharge" our account with the new rate by $100 to give us an extra $50 OBC. ( this was new to me- but apparently could be done at the time they were "upgrading" their system by someone not knowing what they were doing)

All I can say is each time I was told that they are updating their systems and having glitches galore. I have had to call numerous times to get thru these issues all on separate occasions.

I spent a full total of 6 hours ( YES SIX) on the phone one day with someone from accounting getting this all straightened out and faxing and copying back and forth.

We had to go date by date, reduction/change by change. Thank goodness I keep copies of all my emails from Carnival and hard copies of my paperwork from my account or it really would have been more of a mess than it already was.

So for everyone- I recommend to keep hard copies of everything and save, save, save those emails you get after receiving your OBC and what nots. They do come in handy when you have issues and the only way you can prove anything is by keeping those copies

Hope this can help others out. I have also been told to keep the hard copies on me when I get on the boat in case of any additional issues.

First off I have to say that the last 3 trips with Carnival went off without a hitch. No problems, love early saver, had fun on Carnival, yadda, yadda, yadda...

This summer booking, though, seems to have everything go wrong that possibly can go wrong ( with the booking aspect).

We booked our trip last April with Early Saver. We had our $100 OBC for booking a cruise while on our last cruise. We booked 2 rooms using 2 of these $100 credits each on our 7 day cruise since we had two rooms last vacation.

Well, every time we have called in or submitted a price protection form, we have had:

A. the correct reduction made- but OBC not added to our account or reduced amount on our CC ( even though paying in full)

B. The $100 original OBC wiped off completely

C. An agent on the phone wipe everything out completely and hang up

D. The wrong reduction made and all OBC wiped down to about $50

E. both A+B

F. Change our Early Saver to a different rate and "upcharge" our account with the new rate by $100 to give us an extra $50 OBC. ( this was new to me- but apparently could be done at the time they were "upgrading" their system by someone not knowing what they were doing)

All I can say is each time I was told that they are updating their systems and having glitches galore. I have had to call numerous times to get thru these issues all on separate occasions.

I spent a full total of 6 hours ( YES SIX) on the phone one day with someone from accounting getting this all straightened out and faxing and copying back and forth.

We had to go date by date, reduction/change by change. Thank goodness I keep copies of all my emails from Carnival and hard copies of my paperwork from my account or it really would have been more of a mess than it already was.

So for everyone- I recommend to keep hard copies of everything and save, save, save those emails you get after receiving your OBC and what nots. They do come in handy when you have issues and the only way you can prove anything is by keeping those copies

Hope this can help others out. I have also been told to keep the hard copies on me when I get on the boat in case of any additional issues.

We have noticed several problems with price adjustments also. Two of the 4 cabins we have booked right now for 2 separate cruises were booked through a pvp. Those 2 have been a breeze, the pvp takes care of everything with no problems. The other 2 were booked online and our pvp can't touch them so they require at least 20 minutes on the phone to get a price drop because the early saver form is always denied. I will never book online again.

Thank you for the heads up. I will be sure to have hard copies with me when I board in July.

Didn't think I would need this but after based on what you said I would really hate to take chances and end up with surprises on my sign & sail account.