Future Cruise Certificates

tweety33

Has anyone else purchased a future cruise certificate for $100 and not been able to use it within the 2 year period and been able to get the $100 back?

We purchased one, the onboard credit expired on 4/06/14. So I realize we will not get the free $100 on board credit next time we sail. So I called today to get the deposit back we paid of $100 and they said no it expired. I understand the on board credit expired but not the depost refund.

No where on the certificate does it say the deposit won't be refundable. The sales pitch we were given was we had nothing to loose by buying this, if we don't sail with in 2 years, We would get the $100 deposit back. They guaranteed we could not loose our $100 when they sold it to us, they said nothing to loose, never mentioned you have to ask for the $100 before the 2 years and it was not written in the paper work either.

We have purchased these in the past and used them. I hope our experience can help someone else from making the same mistake we did, by believing everything they say.

They no longer sell FCC. I think September of 2012 was the last of the FCC, so at least you are warning those that might still have them. Cruisers check any FCC and be sure you use them or cancel them.

Edited by springs741

The certificate itself will expire ( except in CA and NH ). The 100 dollar deposit you put down should not expire and is not mentioned on the certificate. The certificate and deposit are two different animals. I would call Carnival and ask for supervisor if necessary. I too remember their " nothing to lose " pitch when buying a FCC. The back of the certificate has an 800 number you may try to get more info at 800-794-6225.

Edited by n6uqqq

Has anyone else purchased a future cruise certificate for $100 and not been able to use it within the 2 year period and been able to get the $100 back?

We purchased one, the onboard credit expired on 4/06/14. So I realize we will not get the free $100 on board credit next time we sail. So I called today to get the deposit back we paid of $100 and they said no it expired. I understand the on board credit expired but not the depost refund.

No where on the certificate does it say the deposit won't be refundable. The sales pitch we were given was we had nothing to loose by buying this, if we don't sail with in 2 years, We would get the $100 deposit back. They guaranteed we could not loose our $100 when they sold it to us, they said nothing to loose, never mentioned you have to ask for the $100 before the 2 years and it was not written in the paper work either.

We have purchased these in the past and used them. I hope our experience can help someone else from making the same mistake we did, by believing everything they say.

I have the name and number of someone who once helped me out with a problem I had a couple of years ago concerning FCC's. My email is in my signature if you want to email for it.

I also have 2 of them that expire this August and I need to get taken care of.