NCL STAR- Balcony room, need bungee cord?

melika091900

hello

I was just wondering if anyone remembers if the balcony rooms on NCL star are sliding doors? or do they open out? we are on the 8th deck towards the front,

our cruise on carnival conquest, the doors opened out and I could never get it to stay open, I needed a bungee cord,, hahahaha

thanks for the info

melissa

melika091900

Just got off the Star last Sunday and we had a balcony room. The Balcony doors on the Star are sliding glass doors. No need to a bungee cord, they stayed open on their own.

Two pieces of advice with the balcony cabins:

1.) At night, make sure to turn the handle bar on the balcony door all the way up to the "lock" position. This seals the door shut. On our first cruise on the Star we didn't find that out until Wednesday and had to put up with this hissing noise all night coming from the door not sealing shut.

2.) Be careful if you put papers on the table next to balcony door when it is open. If someone opens the hall door with the balcony door open it creates a wind tunnel through the room and stuff flies off the table by the door and out the door! My mother in law lost a Fresstyle Daily that way!

thanks so much for the info!!!

that would be me, making everything fly around,,, hhahahahaa

how was your trip? anything to definetley not miss in mexico???

thank you

melissa

melika091900

hello

I was just wondering if anyone remembers if the balcony rooms on NCL star are sliding doors? or do they open out? we are on the 8th deck towards the front,

our cruise on carnival conquest, the doors opened out and I could never get it to stay open, I needed a bungee cord,, hahahaha

thanks for the info

melissa

melika091900

Phew! for a secopnd there I was thinking that you were going to do a little bungee jumping off your balcony :)

anything to definetley not miss in mexico???

melika091900

Melissa ~

You will LOVE the STAR!! I would definitely do the MexRiv trip on her again (as soon as we finish everything we want to do!!!):D

In PV ... you've GOT to do the zipline thru the jungle ... an experience you will remember forever:)

~Dianne

Archived