Help with Taking the City Bus to Totem Pole Parks

sjmbruce

It's as simple as getting to the bus stop. :)

In my opinion, Saxman is superior with a tour guide. Totem Bight- print out and take the totem guide with you. Allow 3 hours, more if including Potlatch Park.

I would like to take the city bus to Saxman Totem Pole Park or Bight State Park..... does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks!

My friends and I went to Totem Bight Park in Ketchikan last year by the city bus. It was really easy and 3 hours would be a good amount of time there and back. You can find the bus schedule here. It's still showing the winter schedule so check back closer to your sail date.

A recommendation that I read, and that worked out really well, is to walk to the museum over by Creek Street (if you are not at the far berth) and get on the bus there. The bus stops at the museum before the cruise ship dock so you are able to get a seat. Map here

A recommendation that I read, and that worked out really well, is to walk to the museum over by Creek Street (if you are not at the far berth) and get on the bus there. The bus stops at the museum before the cruise ship dock so you are able to get a seat. Map here

the first stop is the library, not the museum. Especially if the port time is not early morning, if short on time, board there. The city bus has become very popular, and they do fill up. If you can't get on a full bus, it's usually going to be an hour wait for the next one.

the first stop is the library, not the museum. Especially if the port time is not early morning, if short on time, board there. The city bus has become very popular, and they do fill up. If you can't get on a full bus, it's usually going to be an hour wait for the next one.

They've built a new library. So technically now the old library building is now all museum. The new library is located at the top of Shoenbar Hill across the street from the jail. 1110 Copper Ridge Ln, Ketchikan, AK is the address for it.

They've built a new library. So technically now the old library building is now all museum. The new library is located at the top of Shoenbar Hill across the street from the jail. 1110 Copper Ridge Ln, Ketchikan, AK is the address for it.

Thank you for the clarification. the bus "schedule" still has the library listed and the "museum" listed as 2 stops later. :)

I'll have to get to the new library next month. I always enjoyed stopping at the old one.

Hopefully they'll update the bus schedule.

Thank you for the clarification. the bus "schedule" still has the library listed and the "museum" listed as 2 stops later. :)

I'll have to get to the new library next month. I always enjoyed stopping at the old one.

Hopefully they'll update the bus schedule.

BQ - the way I read the schedule, the bus does not stop at the library. The bus we now take is the GREY line. Am I wrong?