Balcony dividers

chester32

Oh no!! now I am worried! My parents and I booked C231 and C233 specifically hoping (and confirming with a Princess rep) that the balcony partitions would open - we want to be able to still be in our jammies and enjoy coffee together in the morning.

Anyone know if these balconies have the ability to be "open"? We booked these knowning that although they are different size balconies, that they aren't the "bump" out so have a smooth "edge".

Thanks for any reassurance you can provide.

Oh no!! now I am worried! My parents and I booked C231 and C233 specifically hoping (and confirming with a Princess rep) that the balcony partitions would open - we want to be able to still be in our jammies and enjoy coffee together in the morning.

Anyone know if these balconies have the ability to be "open"? We booked these knowning that although they are different size balconies, that they aren't the "bump" out so have a smooth "edge".

Thanks for any reassurance you can provide.

Do NOT trust anything the reps. tell you. Most have not been on this ship and do not know the odd little idiosyncracies.

In my best guess, most likely, you will NOT be able to open your balcony door between your two cabins because you are in 2 totally different categories from what I can tell in the deck plan. The balcony of C-231 is bigger, deeper and sets back from C-233. Usually when this happens, there is no door on the side where the change happens. In other words, C-231 would most likely share a balcony door with C-229.

I'm guessing it's this way from being on this deck and noticing the oddities about it but I have not personally seen these 2 cabins in particular.

Do NOT trust anything the reps. tell you. Most have not been on this ship and do not know the odd little idiosyncracies.

In my best guess, most likely, you will NOT be able to open your balcony door between your two cabins because you are in 2 totally different categories from what I can tell in the deck plan. The balcony of C-231 is bigger, deeper and sets back from C-233. Usually when this happens, there is no door on the side where the change happens. In other words, C-231 would most likely share a balcony door with C-229.

I'm guessing it's this way from being on this deck and noticing the oddities about it but I have not personally seen these 2 cabins in particular.

It is probably not a good idea to "guess" but rather rely upon actual experience and/or photos. Once again from Tom O's website there is a photo that shows that area but not in the best detail.

photo-a-1.jpg.w560h258.jpg

It appears that C233 has a standard 5' balcony divider adjacent to C231. I can't confirm that there is a door in the divider but there would be no issue opening the door in that divider. The Princess website now appears to be quite accurate for cabins that I know are missing doors in the dividers, but has no notation for either C231 or C233. Based upon what I can actually see and the lack of notation on the Princess website, I would say there is a very high probability that the divider has a door that can be opened. Perhaps CrusinLoLo should start a new thread with a specific questions about those two cabins and hopefully someone who has actually stayed in one of those cabins can verify if there is a door in the divider or not.

It is probably not a good idea to "guess" but rather rely upon actual experience and/or photos. Once again from Tom O's website there is a photo that shows that area but not in the best detail.

photo-a-1.jpg.w560h258.jpg

It appears that C233 has a standard 5' balcony divider adjacent to C231. I can't confirm that there is a door in the divider but there would be no issue opening the door in that divider. The Princess website now appears to be quite accurate for cabins that I know are missing doors in the dividers, but has no notation for either C231 or C233. Based upon what I can actually see and the lack of notation on the Princess website, I would say there is a very high probability that the divider has a door that can be opened. Perhaps CrusinLoLo should start a new thread with a specific questions about those two cabins and hopefully someone who has actually stayed in one of those cabins can verify if there is a door in the divider or not.

A 5' wide divider?

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The information about balcony doors not opening between cabins at the firewalls is correct, but only for the Sun, Sea and Dawn.

This is the first time I have ever seen anyone restrict

the comment to specific ships. Thank you.

And, the original poster was asking about the Diamond -- which is not on the list you mentioned.

Edited by pablo222

A 5' wide divider?
The C233 balcony is probably the standard 5 foot depth while the adjoining mini C231 balcony is probably 7 feet deep. From the photo the balcony divider between C233 and C231 appears to be the width of the 5 foot balcony or "A 5' wide divider". The standard approximately 2 foot door should be in that divider. Admittedly I am working from a somewhat fuzzy photo and that is why an answer from someone who has been in one of those cabins would be the best.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is the first time I have ever seen anyone restrict

the comment to specific ships. Thank you.

And, the original poster was asking about the Diamond -- which is not on the list you mentioned.

I have not sailed on the Sun, Sea, Dawn, Pacific or Ocean but knew from personal experience that it was not the case on the Diamond's sister, the Sapphire. I also knew from photos I have taken from other Grand class ships and the Coral and Island that was not the case on those ships. Because the information about other issues on the Coral and Island are correct, I have taken a leap of faith and trust the website about the Pacific and the Ocean. The website does indicate that cabins at the firewalls on the Sun, Sea and Dawn do indeed not have doors between those cabins. The balconies on those ships are cut into the superstructure and the partitions stretch all the way from deck to deck and can provide some fire separation. The balcony partitions on the Grand class ships and the Coral and Island just span part of the height and are unable to provide any fire separation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app