Sun beds on Thomson Dream

Been reading with growing interest about the situation concerning the lack of sun beds on sea days on Dream,there never seems to be a reveiw without complaining about the situation, and it appears Thomson do seem incapable of doing anything about it, got me thinking, as we are doing the Transatlantic crossing from Montego Bay next year, we were not looking forward to days at sea without a bed, would it be ok to use an inflatable bed, which would'nt take up much room in your luggage(new), wondering what other cruisers think, just a thought,Doogie.

Good shout Cruisin Linda, I was thinking along the lines of a camping airbed, which is more substantial, and more robust than a lilo type bed, I've been looking online and you can pick up 2 beds ,and a foot pump for around £15.00, which isn't to bad, and being new would fit in rather neatly, but your idea is food for thought, no need to carry anything, Cheers, Doogie.

You really shouldn't have to take your own lilo/camp bed. We were told to look for a steward in a yellow shirt and he would find you a bed. However, must say that we never saw a crew member in a yellow shirt:confused: I think if we'd gone back to reception and asked again, they would have found beds for us.

Been reading with growing interest about the situation concerning the lack of sun beds on sea days on Dream,there never seems to be a reveiw without complaining about the situation, and it appears Thomson do seem incapable of doing anything about it, got me thinking, as we are doing the Transatlantic crossing from Montego Bay next year, we were not looking forward to days at sea without a bed, would it be ok to use an inflatable bed, which would'nt take up much room in your luggage(new), wondering what other cruisers think, just a thought,Doogie.

The obvious thing to do on days at sea, would be to use the Sports Deck, as a sun deck. The Sports deck in my opinion is under used & would be ideal to solve this problem.

I didn't actually see any inflatable lilos in port in the Caribbean and I did look for one in St Maartin. However, there were plenty of sunbeds on the Dream in February. Yes, the sunbeds near the pools were reserved very early on a morning but on sea days there was always some free on the promenade deck or on decks 7,8 and 9 at the back.

I suppose it depends on whether you wanted to lie in the hot sun all day or wanted some shade. :). The 45 minute rule was being operated rigorously on a morning too.

Also, they need some new sun beds on the Dream. I think the Spirit has got the Dream's share. :rolleyes: Last week they had stacks of new ones still wrapped up in plastic sheets. :)

tbh I cant see where you would find space for lilos on dream on a sea day? its often windy at sea...your lilo will be over the side before you have got it pumped up

they do pack in as many sunbeds as they can into every available space possible (then people tend to spread them about) the only places they leave clear (except for the sports net) are the doorways, walkways, near the food counters/bar areas/near the steps and areas around tables where people are eating

plus there are electrical outlets/drains/pipes/taps/lifejacket stations/safety equipment that cant/shouldnt be blocked off by sunbeds

on dream its a space problem rather than a lack of sunbeds problem

tbh I cant see where you would find space for lilos on dream on a sea day? its often windy at sea...your lilo will be over the side before you have got it pumped up

I was thinking the same Geo ...Would the ship allow them to be used onboard for that very safety reason (things getting blown overboard )

I would imagine should a li-lo be blown overboard the ship would be obliged to retrieve it ,to stop false alarms from other ships reporting people missing at sea .:eek:

It would be a good for a list of all things you should not take with you.then peeps would not turn up with things like kites and fishing rods and water ski's to use on maybe a sea day,

(ask the captain to speed the ship up for the latter :rolleyes:;) .

Maybe Thomson do have a list and I have just not spotted it yet.

I have actually seen someone try to put up their own sun parasol on the sea day deck 12 dream (during a fresher than average breeze)...it didnt last long:rolleyes:

have seen kids with inflatable toys (elephants/aligators) in the 1 meter square pool too

on my recent cruise someone had a music player (no headphones…..just blasting away) around which they (a couple) were dancing (& snuggling) and inflicting their taste in music on any unsuspecting nearby ears....in fact they even went off for lunch (or something?) and left it playing for us!....when they got back the batteries had mysteriously disappeared??;)

Thanks all for your contributions , as I said in my original post, we're doing the April 2015 TA, which entails a few sea days, don't fancy having to be up at 6.30-7.00am to claim a bed, just crazy, so thats the reason, it seems the bulk of replies have scuppered my idea (health & safety strikes again)oh well , back to the drawing board , Cheers, Doogie.