NEED ANNI 's help!!

DONNAKG

Hi Anni-- we spoke about transfers to/from Berlin (TXL) & Warnemunde previously and you gave me great info on the trains.

The cruise ship does offer transfers but we would have to arrive & depart on the day of the cruise departure & the day of the ship 's arrival.

:confused::confused:

We really want to spend a day precruise in Warnemunde & 2 days post cruise in Berlin. I am a bit reluctant to do the trains from Berlin to the port as I have heard from family that the trains could strike and/or have messy delays.

Do you or any one else here on CC know of a taxi/private hire for our transfers?

thanks

Donnakg

Hi Anni-- we spoke about transfers to/from Berlin (TXL) & Warnemunde previously and you gave me great info on the trains.

The cruise ship does offer transfers but we would have to arrive & depart on the day of the cruise departure & the day of the ship 's arrival.

We really want to spend a day precruise in Warnemunde & 2 days post cruise in Berlin. I am a bit reluctant to do the trains from Berlin to the port as I have heard from family that the trains could strike and/or have messy delays.

Do you or any one else here on CC know of a taxi/private hire for our transfers?

thanks

Donnakg

Hi, I don't think you should have any worries about using the trains.

The German rail system is regarded as one of the most reliable and efficient in the world. It has very,very few strikes. In my time here (10 years) I have never been affected in this way and I travel everywhere by train. I am really at a loss to imagine what has caused such a negative view of DeutscheBahn.

Delays/cancellations on the Berlin - Rostock line over the past couple of years have been due to track upgrading but were always advertised well in advance and alternate transport made available. The service is now back to normal.

Very long distance trains which have to make connections with other, less efficient rail systems are sometimes late at their destinations but this does not apply to the Regional Express trains which you would be using. In any case, delays would really only be an issue if you were intending to arrive close to the departure time of your ship or plane which you are not.

Sorry but I cannot help with a taxi/private hire firm which offers such a transfer. Hopefully someone else can.

Happy cruising :)

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

thanks

Donnakg

DonnaKG, Before I got information from Anni about taking the train from Berlin to Warnemunde I did a little research on private transport options but found them to be too costly (approx. 450 euro one way for two people). I am fairly comfortable about taking the train now. I think that as Americans when we read about the train systems in Italy, Greece, etc. being unreliable because of frequent strikes we assume that all of Europe is that way. According to Anni that is not the case so it's the train for us.

Before you start stressing about the flights ---

CALL YOUR CRUISE LINE and ask for AIR DEVIATION. That way you can say I want to leave on X day and return on Z day. It will cost a bit more, but you are able to get the extra days in that you want.