taxi to beacon hill park

It's not that far really, in that some people would walk it, but I understand your reason for wanting a cab. I'm thinking it should be less than $10.00 per cab for up to 4 people - I don't know why you would be charged per person - it's a straightforward destination and fare. Cabs will be waiting for you at the pier as they always are when a cruise ship arrives.

Will they except dollars? Is it per person?

Of course they will accept Canadian dollars; it is the legal currency in Canada. Now if you're asking about US$, most likely they will but you will get any change in Canadian $. I suspect most of them will also take credit cards.

As previous poster said, it's a very easy walk from the port to the park.

...about 30 minutes from the dock? Is that more or less accurate? If that's the case, I need a taxi to make the most of the daylight.

Yes, sounds about right. Is there a particular reason for wanting to go there? Just asking. You need to be very careful there once it does get dark, OK? :);)

Yes, sounds about right. Is there a particular reason for wanting to go there? Just asking. You need to be very careful there once it does get dark, OK? :);)

I don't have enough time to go to butchart gardens and I read that this park has pretty gardens. was thinking of going here before doing a walking tour. Any thoughts of whether its worthwhile?

What time of year are you going? It might not get dark as early as you think. Here is link to sunsets for May 2014, you can easily change the month to whichever month you are travelling.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=1091&month=5&year=2014&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

There are some lovely flower displays in Beacon Hill Park, nothing compared to Butcharts but it is close and it is free.

Edited by cruiseryyc