Walk For Wishes Event

Does anyone know what the cost is to participate in the walk? My son is receiving a wish in July to Hawaii, and I want to make sure that we support the event on our cruise in October. Just want to budget enough for the 7 of us :)

Thank you!

~Jacqui~ Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know what the cost is to participate in the walk? My son is receiving a wish in July to Hawaii, and I want to make sure that we support the event on our cruise in October. Just want to budget enough for the 7 of us :)

Thank you!

$10 and you get a t shirt too

Thank you!

Last time we did it, it was $10 per person.

Awesome! It's a great cause AND reasonably priced. Thank you guys so much!

On our recent Explorer cruise, they also changed the reciept so that you can add more donation cash. We typically buy, but don't take the shirts.

One more thing- a few years ago, we participated in the Auction for Wishes- on our ship, big ship tours were auctioned off (as an example). We asked about this- and they apparently will be held in June and December. Being that we have a June cruise coming up- we very much hope to see the Auction for Wishes going on.

We were on the Allure in March. Along with the "Walk for Wishes" shirts, beach towels were available for $15 plus blue stretchy bracelets for about $5. My daughter did an internship with the Make a Wish foundation and her ultimate career goal is to work for them. Enjoy your trip!

Actually, anyone can walk if they want but the t-shirts cost $10 each. That's where the fund raising happens. You can also buy a t-shirt and not walk at all.

We did this event on the Navigator last month and it was a highlight for me. It was the "Oil Spill - almost didn't go anywhere - finally went to Cozumel" cruise. :)

We walked with the Captain and many others. Great event.

Thank you!

I missed this event on my first sailing! I'm interested in doing this when I sail again in August. Have you any details?

Edited by rodenboy

They sell T-Shirts for the walk for $10 and its a great cause and a nice shirt. On our cruise there was actually a girl onboard having her wish fulfilled. She actually walked some of it and RCI staff including the Captain carried her the rest of the way. It was very inspiring to see. My wish is that more people would take part and donate to the cause. I became a monthly Make A Wish donor after that cruise.

That's awesome that so many people participate in the event and donate. Obviously I think it's an amazing cause, being on the other end of it. My son was really debating between an Alaskan cruise (we've only Caribbean/Bermuda/Bahamas) or Hawaii. Hawaii won out in the end :P he really wants to go to Pearl Harbor and surf. With his condition surfing might be out of the question, but we'll see :)

The last cruise we were on we got the beach towel because we have several t-shirts.

Does your Son want to do a cruise to Hawaii? Our Niece had her wish granted on a cruise. They cruise about once a year and I think that was her favorite one.

We've done this on pretty much every cruise! Have a ton of T-shirts.

On Jewel in 2012, Chlo walked with us. On Freedom last summer, Michael Rasmussen (the hotel director), led the walk. It's a great cause, and senior members of the ship's staff show up, and talk to the walkers. I'm pretty sure we've had at least one wishes child at one of our walks as well.

I had wanted to do this on Oasis, but there was so much going on I didn't see it listed in the cruise compass until after the fact and missed it. Do they do this on every ship?

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Forums mobile app

I had wanted to do this on Oasis, but there was so much going on I didn't see it listed in the cruise compass until after the fact and missed it. Do they do this on every ship?

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Forums mobile app

It's been on every ship we've been on.