Cool Runnings or R & R Cruising?

gracie65

I had originally booked a Catamaran sail with Calabaza but my group has grown to 14-20 people and she only has 10 spots. We would rather be all together and after much research have narrowed down to Cool Runnings or

R & R. My group are all 40-50. Pretty much everyone is active. We want to sea the sea turtles, sail and have a great lunch. It sounds like Cool Runnings will take up to 46 people and R&R we would have to ourselves if I have atleast 14. Cool Runnings is $90.00US and R&R is 115.00US. It pretty much sounds like a no brainer for R&R at 115.00 to have the boat all to ourselves but I haven't seen as much posted about these two as Calabaza so would love to hear opinions about the two from cruisers.

Thanks!!

Just found out another bit of info was really leaning toward r&r but it's a 35 minute ride to get to where they are docked. Was hoping to have an hour or so coming back. Anyone have any experience with the ride there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have not heard of that Company, but I have gone out with Cool Runnings twice, would go again.

They send a taxi to the pier for you, included in the price, and get you back as well

Short ride to where they dock, maybe 10 minutes. There are a few other CR recommendations lower down this board, and on TripAdvisor. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the response I've read a few mixed reviews about Cool Runnings not bad but about the # of people. The email I got said they could have up to 46. Was that your experience? Would rather not have that many people. R and R sounds more in line just not sure we want a 35 minute ride each way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate crowded cats too, there was never over 25 ppl either time. The cat is huge, so yes, it could easily hold 40 or 50, but they know their customers do not want an experience like one they would get on a ship tour.

If it was a ship tour, they would put triple the number on it. Don't overthink it, just go and have fun. Plus, if it matters, they have great looking long sleeve t-shirts with their fun logo on it, if you want one.

I have some pix on my computer, which is in the shop getting a tune up. I'll see what I can find in the next few days, and post if I can

I hate crowded cats too, there was never over 25 ppl either time. The cat is huge, so yes, it could easily hold 40 or 50, but they know their customers do not want an experience like one they would get on a ship tour.

If it was a ship tour, they would put triple the number on it. Don't overthink it, just go and have fun. Plus, if it matters, they have great looking long sleeve t-shirts with their fun logo on it, if you want one.

I have some pix on my computer, which is in the shop getting a tune up. I'll see what I can find in the next few days, and post if I can

Ok, that's good to know. I know my group and if there were 40+ people I would never hear the end of it!! LOL

I really liked that R&R it would just be us but I also know they wouldn't be too happy about a 35 minute ride each way.