Harrison's Cave in Barbados

canadarocks

I've done a search here, but nothing appears past 2011. We want to go to Harrison's Cave in Barbados. Princess offers a 3 hour excursion (45 minute drive each way and 1 1/2 hour tour) for $75 apiece.

Has anyone done this excursion recently? How big a group is there usually? The Princess website says 32 passengers, but are there likely to be many busloads?

Is the 90 minutes on the bus enjoyable with a guided tour, or strictly transportation?

Edited to add - this was originally on the Princess board, that's why the 2011 search reference. I realize there are more recent comments on this board.

Edited by canadarocks
post was moved

I've done a search here, but nothing appears past 2011. We want to go to Harrison's Cave in Barbados. Princess offers a 3 hour excursion (45 minute drive each way and 1 1/2 hour tour) for $75 apiece.

Has anyone done this excursion recently? How big a group is there usually? The Princess website says 32 passengers, but are there likely to be many busloads?

Is the 90 minutes on the bus enjoyable with a guided tour, or strictly transportation?

It is worth the money; we did it last year & thought it was great.

Edited by pilot3139
left word out

We did this tour while on a Holland America cruise but I am sure they will be very similar. The drive was interesting and you see alot of the countryside. Our driver/guide told us about the things we were seeing.

The caves themselves are interesting. You actually go into them on a small "train", kind of like big golf carts. We found it interesting and probably it was the only time we will ever get to see a cave system.

We enjoyed this excursion.

We did this tour while on a Holland America cruise but I am sure they will be very similar. The drive was interesting and you see alot of the countryside. Our driver/guide told us about the things we were seeing.

The caves themselves are interesting. You actually go into them on a small "train", kind of like big golf carts. We found it interesting and probably it was the only time we will ever get to see a cave system.

We enjoyed this excursion.

Thanks, I would think it would be similar to HAL's too. :)

• 1 month later...

We are looking at a similar tour through Royal Caribbean. The tour description lists the activity level as "mild." but further reading says, "Not for guests with mobility issues." We are in our late 60's and both have bad knees, so long flights of stairs would be a problem, but Harrison's Cave supposedly has elevator access to the trams for people with disabilities. Does anyone who's toured the caves know of a potential problem?

Kathy

We are looking at a similar tour through Royal Caribbean. The tour description lists the activity level as "mild." but further reading says, "Not for guests with mobility issues." We are in our late 60's and both have bad knees, so long flights of stairs would be a problem, but Harrison's Cave supposedly has elevator access to the trams for people with disabilities. Does anyone who's toured the caves know of a potential problem?

Kathy

Absolutely no steps. Only getting into and out of bus and tram.