guiding me

guiding me

I am thinking of cruising the Mediterranean starting in Rome, and was told I need to get a EU passport from a veterinarian there for my guide dog. I have searched the internet for the cost of vet. + EU passport to no avail . Has anyone purchased a EU pet passport in Rome; if so, could you let me know what you paid for it ? Thanks.

The pet passport is something that you apply for in advance, in your home country, in order to bring a dog into the EU. You cannot bring a dog into the EU from outside it, without already having this paperwork. It requires a rabies vaccination (including blood tests + 3 months wait for the UK), microchip details and tapeworm treatment.

You'll need to contact the vet in the country you are leaving from, to get everything done before you leave for the EU. It is not that complicated but it does take a bit of time.