True to Self

devildawg23

As I am a big believer in staying true to your standards, I am curious if people are consistent on two of the biggest issues. To be specific, if you think alcohol smuggling is wrong, are you also against chair hogging? If you are for smuggling, are you also for chair hogging? Do you see a difference between the two that you can justify?

We always seem to find a chair when and if we want one - have never had a problem, but we also don't want to sit in the middle of everything, we like to watch from above, or find a quiet area where we can red and talk.

As for liquor - I order and have it waiting in our room when we arrive.

As I am a big believer in staying true to your standards, I am curious if people are consistent on two of the biggest issues. To be specific, if you think alcohol smuggling is wrong, are you also against chair hogging? If you are for smuggling, are you also for chair hogging? Do you see a difference between the two that you can justify?

I'm trying to understand the correlation, and see none. If you think smuggling is OK, does that mean you think chogging is OK? When this specific cruise line changed their own rule from you could freely bring liquor on, to all of a sudden you couldn't, did that affect chogging? Does my drinking on by balcony affect any other cruiser on the ship, and does it matter whether I bought it for $20 from the liquor store, or $80+ from Bon voyage, which was originally $40 to $60 a bottle before they got greedy?

Nope. No matter how I look at it, I still don't see any correlation.

I don't smuggle liquor, because I don't drink that much to warrant it.

I don't hog chairs because I don't want to sit in the "good seats" right by the pool with all the noise and coming and going. As long as it is out in the sun I would rather be someplace a little more secluded.

This does not mean I am a goody 2 shoes, boy scout , holier than thou. I have my little indiscretions like we all do to some extent.

However I grew up long before social media , where everyone has to announce to the world that they just went to the bathroom, rotated their tires , or had a bagel and cream cheese.

Back in the day, you were going to pull a little fast you. You shut your mouth and did it. If you got away with it ,Hooray for you. If you didn't OH Well.

You didn't put it out there and then cry when people didn't agree with you , and you didn't make a big stink and play the victim when you got caught

I don't really see what one has to do with the other, but I'll bite.

I do not smuggle myself, but I don't care if someone else does. More power to them, and maybe they'll make me a drink.

I am NOT ok with chair hogging. That affects me. Alcohol smuggling does not.

Selfish? Maybe. Don't care.

We smuggle, but don't hog chairs:confused::confused:

Not sure what this thread is all about?

You and me both. I don't smuggle and don't hog chairs. I just like having my drinks made and served to me and don't mind the expense. And I can usually find a chair.

Is there a larger meaning to this thread? :cool:

So I guess my standards are unwavering now that I think about it...

I am totally NOT a chair hog and am against it completely. Just like Carnival has no problem confiscating my booze and disposing of it (in some instances) if found, I have no problem moving items off a chair unoccupied for more than 30 minutes. Sometimes you can get around rules and sometimes you cant. I don't get mad and loose my temper at Carnival when I get caught smuggling (better luck next time right?) so I don't expect a chair hog to get mad for someone moving there belongings off a chair after 30 minutes (better luck to them next time right?)

Edited by bdever

Do you ever smuggle deck chairs and hog booze???:confused:

ROFLMAO!!!!:D :D Actually this sounds like great fun! I guess you could bring your own folding lounge chair on board then you wouldnt have to worry about no chogs right? Sounds tempting. :D

Yes, O.P. I do see a difference. Chair hogging involves placing an item indicating that a chair is occupied and then leaving that chair without removing your item for a period of in excess of 30 minutes.

Smuggling involves hiding liquor or other contraband and bringing it on board the ship; it could apply equally to illegal substances, weaponry or other items that passengers are not permitted on the ship.

I'm trying to understand the correlation, and see none. If you think smuggling is OK, does that mean you think chogging is OK? When this specific cruise line changed their own rule from you could freely bring liquor on, to all of a sudden you couldn't, did that affect chogging? Does my drinking on by balcony affect any other cruiser on the ship, and does it matter whether I bought it for $20 from the liquor store, or $80+ from Bon voyage, which was originally $40 to $60 a bottle before they got greedy?

Nope. No matter how I look at it, I still don't see any correlation.

The correlation is obvious but written wrong!

"Do you activly disagree with CHOGing but smuggle booze onboard! Both rule breaking one much worse than the other for the cruiseline :)

One can lead to unsocial behaviour under age drunkenness and loss of company expected and needed profits.

The other can lead to possible unsocial behaviour:)

I don't drink and have no desire to be in the deck chair locations that many cruisers seem to covet. So I'm not sure if I get to claim to have more highly elevated social morals in this case. Do you have some other test that I could try?

I just get drunk and fall asleep in a deck chair.:eek:

hahaha! you made me laugh out loud!

I try to be considerate. I want to lounge all day. I'll find a spot somewhere. I won't flip if it's not right on the lido deck. But I do like to keep a consistent spot so my son can find me. I won't though save 4 chairs when I have a family of 4. We usually keep the two chairs we use and the kids can rotate. They never sit for very long anyway.

I'm on vacation. I'm usually pretty mellow regardless