Flight time out of Istanbul?

sr5242

Tasking the 10 night Rome to Istanbul cruise on quest in August. We are in port in Istanbul overnight before disembarking. I am wondering what time I can book my flight for out of Istanbul disembarkation day- could I make a 10:55 flight? A 12 noon flight?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are on a 10.25am flight on the day we disembark in Chennai, Azamara just said that they would prioritise departure on flight times. We have a transfer picking us up at the pier to take us the airport. The night before they allocate times for guests to leave and store your luggage accordingly. Or that is what they have told me, at least. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tasking the 10 night Rome to Istanbul cruise on quest in August. We are in port in Istanbul overnight before disembarking. I am wondering what time I can book my flight for out of Istanbul disembarkation day- could I make a 10:55 flight? A 12 noon flight?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is what I do to judge the safest (earliest) time to catch a flight. I get onto the Choice Air website and make a dummy flight booking for my cruise and whatever the earliest flight is, I try to match. If Choice Air doesn't show anything out before 11 am, for example, I don't book before that time either.

I've done what is called a walkoff. Instead of putting your luggage out the night before disembarkation, you keep your bags with you and carry them off. You must let Guest Relations know your plans. They can be very helpful.

Because the ship has already cleared with the local authorities the previous day, you can disembark very early if you want to. The challenge comes in making arrangements to get to the airport. You have to know what the traffic will be early in the morning. You also have to know if there will be a cab at the dock to take you to the airport or if you have to make private arrangements.

You should have no trouble making a 10:55 flight. Just be sure to leave enough time. (We spent 3 hours checking in at the airport in Rome one busy morning. The next time we were in Rome it took only 45 minutes.)

I assume your airport is Ataturk (there are two international airports in the Istanbul area), the disembarkation port is in Karakoy (near Galata bridge), and that you are reserving a taxi/private transfer for the transfer.

If they are, then you should be able to make a 10:55 flight but you would need to leave well before 8:00 (I'd suggest no later than 7:30) to make sure you don't get caught in traffic and have time to deal with the check-in process.

If there is little to no traffic, the ride should take between 35-45 minutes. Rush hour traffic in Istanbul is quite bad.