Mom can't go

anno

If mom cant go on the cruise that is 160 days away--you can cancel with no penalty caused by the cruise lines. if you booked through an agent theymay have a cancellation policy.

If its for a different date-- she has before 70 days to cancel without penalty. If she is sailing solo-- she willnot be able to transfer that booking.

What's the date and duration of cruise? We could help more if we knew some details.

Carnival's cancellation/refund policy is different for different lengths of cruises. If she's within 7 days, no refund; 8-29 days, 50% refund - on cruises from 2-8 days, different for longer cruises. Change of name on reservation may be possible for $50 name change fee after final payment made. Lots of variances, so would need specifics.

Sorry she can't go.:o

I'm so very sorry about your Mom missing her cruise. Did she take out insurance? If the reason is due to health it might be covered up to the day of the cruise. Don't neglect to check this out. Good luck to you.

If mom cant go on the cruise that is 160 days away--you can cancel with no penalty caused by the cruise lines. if you booked through an agent theymay have a cancellation policy.

If its for a different date-- she has before 70 days to cancel without penalty. If she is sailing solo-- she willnot be able to transfer that booking.

Dang that really s**ks that your Mom can't go. But if your countdown clock is right, there is plenty of time to cancel as Serene says without any Carnival penalties (although I think it's 75 days.... could be wrong).

Mom can't go due to illness. She has insurance. But her sail date is August 25th out of New York on the Legend. She was booked to go with a friend. I asked because I was wondering if someone could go in her place. They were upgraded to a suite and I would hate for it to go to waste. Not sure if her friend even wants to still go. My brother and family are still going. Thank you for all your responses. I really appreciate it.;)

It's so sweet of you to consider another cruiser!!!!

That happened to me in May. That stinks, I know. If you cannot find someone to take her place, Not only will the the insurance company reimburse her money, they will reimburse her friend's also.

I hope your Mom the very best.

Mom can't go due to illness. She has insurance. But her sail date is August 25th out of New York on the Legend. She was booked to go with a friend. I asked because I was wondering if someone could go in her place. They were upgraded to a suite and I would hate for it to go to waste. Not sure if her friend even wants to still go. My brother and family are still going. Thank you for all your responses. I really appreciate it.;)

She could transfer the booking to someone else for a fee of 50 bucks. If she didn thave insurance- she will lose up to 50% off since she is leaving in less then 30days. But since she has insurance then a health inssue will be covered- read her policy.

Both can not transfer the title to the cruise== as one original booking name must be on the cruise.

A thought-- can they transfer the booking to a later date??

Not only will the the insurance company reimburse her money, they will reimburse her friend's also.

Most polcies state that the illness be a immediate fmily member. I dont think the friend will be able to cover the loss on this one. Only the policy can state that. (I'll keep my fingers crossed)

Really her friend can get reimbursed. Great I will have them call thier TA. Thank you so much for your kind words. I know if she was feeling any better she would probably be bummed

Serens56,

I'm sorry but that's not right. My friend and I "BOTH" received out money back, less than a week b/4 the cruise because of "my" kidney stone surgery. We've already received our money.

Serens56,

I'm sorry but that's not right. My friend and I "BOTH" received out money back, less than a week b/4 the cruise because of "my" kidney stone surgery. We've already received our money.

Thats great that your friend was able to get their money. but It depends on the policy. EVERY policy will read differnt. Most policies state that the illness must be incurred by an immediate family member. I think ifwe bu insurance we should all be reimbursed no matter what the reasons.

I just bought insurance last week for a friend and I on our 11/27 cruise since my dad is 87 and in questionable health. We actually called the 2 companies and checked about her getting a refund if I could not go. Both Travelguard and CSA allow this on at least their medium and high priced policies.

We only paid $29 each for our Insurance. Of course this was only for a 4 day Mystery Cruise, but we did get our money back. Gee, it's sure worth a try.

Good luck to you, your Mom and her friend. I hope everything turns out well for her. But please let us know how the insurance turns out. We need to know for future cruises and if someone please has the same misfortune.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update. Mom is going after all. She is feeling much better and got her okay from her doctor. She leaves next THursday out of New York and can't wait. I honestly think that knowing she was going on a cruise helped her get back on her feet! Thank you all for all your kind words and help!

Thats great that your friend was able to get their money. but It depends on the policy. EVERY policy will read differnt. Most policies state that the illness must be incurred by an immediate family member. I think ifwe bu insurance we should all be reimbursed no matter what the reasons.

I can't think of any policies that don't cover you if your traveling companion has to cancel for a covered reason. The definition of a traveling companion will vary somewhat by policy but they all include a cabinmate.

Most plans will give the non-sick person the option of cancelling with full coverage or going on the trip and the plan will pay any additional costs associated with the booking going from double occupancy to single occupancy.

Just an update. Mom is going after all. She is feeling much better and got her okay from her doctor. She leaves next THursday out of New York and can't wait. I honestly think that knowing she was going on a cruise helped her get back on her feet! Thank you all for all your kind words and help!

yaaay!! Glad mom's feeling better....hope she has a GREAT time!!!

Archived